Do you work for an 'evil' company?

Soldato
Online Gambling company with several major brands under our belt. it's not evil but many consider it so and I've even been attacked on here for working for them (while trying to help someone out who's partner was addicted).

Soldato
I used to work for a subsidiary of Halliburton that was subsequently subject to a management buyout. Obviously Halliburton were viewed as the spawn of the devil back during the Gulf War 2, but months after the buyout anti-war protestors stormed our office building and barricaded themselves inside the CEOs office as part of their protest against the war. After some time the CEO went in to talk to them, explained we weren't part of Halliburton and had zero involvement with any Iraq work. They looked somewhat embarrassed when the police carted them off.

Muppets.

Eugh, I would have machine gunned the lot of em. I can't stand wobbly liberal, ignorant, tree fapping anti war protestors.

that is all.

Soldato
I don't work in oil and gas, but I have heard it from the horses mouth the industry is as evil as it is rumoured to be. Profiteering with no regard for environmental or social impact.

Soldato
I used to work for one of those evil companies that organisations outsource their work to.

It was definitely an evil company. Their entire organisation revolved around winning work rather than doing the work. They'd show customers the CVs of really senior people during the bidding process but, when it came to doing the work, they'd switch these people out with graduates/people in India. Our customers would have been just as good hiring a bunch of people off the street. So many projects went wrong because everyone on the project was so inexperienced.

I know understand why all of those big government IT projects are a disaster. The government is hiring companies (repeatedly!) who don't care about the quality of their work.

EDIT: The company's "HQ" was based in the Cayman Islands until very recently.

Caporegime
I work for a company that flogs software to banks so I guess is evil by association.
On the other hand when our software replaces older systems they can often sack a load of staff... Perhaps that helps hedge our evilness by association as we help to create a situation where less bankers are required in the world.

Permabanned
When I started my placement for a bank some guy giving a speech said: "Everyone hates us, get used to it". Later that day we were on the tube and some guy stood next to us said "******* bankers". :(

Meh. The money's good though. Roll with dem punches!

I work for an asset management company, we're considered evil by the unwashed masses despite the fact we engage in no investment banking practices. We also voluntarily covered all the losses our hedge funds made in 2008. Not that it makes a difference; I had an ex-girlfriend who asked me how I could get up every morning and continue being a shyster. :/

Associate
Not any more,and the company concerned is huge,spread worldwide.Their evil stems from what they manufactured in World War 2,and i am NOT going to name them,though i'm sure it could soon be worked out by OCUK detective's.
Not going to post in this thread again either.

Man of Honour
I had an ex-girlfriend who asked me how I could get up every morning and continue being a shyster. :/

May be she wasn't talking about the job?

I have my own consulting company and we are too unknown outside our niche to register on your evilometers. Our clients range from skull island owning megalomaniac entrepreneurs, through baby eating funds and banks and on to donkey rescuing trusts full of do-gooders. It's the latter that get on wick.

Back
Top Bottom