Census 2011: fewer than half of people living in London are white

Permabanned
so what happens to the British man that cant get a cleaning job because the polish have took it and cant goto uni because it costs too much or even if he could, the job has been took by an indian ?

they will remain on benefit and you'll call him lazy

Assuming they both went for interviews, why did the Polish guy get the job?

Soldato
I love everyones peer reviewed sources they are quoting here, really top notch level of discussion.

No hint of irony in "black people do this" and "immigrants are like this" and yet this is supposedly a tool to promote a business. Fascinating business model, allowing out right racism...

some black or like this (not all) immigrants are like this (not all)

are you saying we cant talk about it ? why not ? seems a bit strange that we cant in our own country

Thug
Soldato

Cleaning job, interview?

lol

I've worked through university myself, in a variety of jobs, ranging from the nice, to toilet cleaning at 4am.

The reason why all the people I worked with were foreigners, was because they were all on minimum wage (£6.08 an hour), except they were not because they all gave extra time.

If you didn't you were fired. Everyone was on a temp contract as well, they wouldn't keep you after a certain period of time.

This was working through the night in cold unsanitary conditions in dead end jobs with no hope of anything better.

They could do this, because the polish, russian and coloureds lapped it up because they lived in houses with a huge number of people, and send the meagre money back where it was worth far far more.

Soldato

well, from what ive read in the paper, its because they can afford a lower wage due to them living in a house of 20 which is much better than living in a house of 50 in poland..

that and they obviously want to work as opposed to a Britain thats lazy and didnt want to work.. but now they're being forced to work or those that arent lazy, just leaving school and want to work, find that their is no work..

all spaces have been took, if only they didnt let so many in, those spaces today could have been took by british people.

compared to the population size of england though, their numbers are pretty small really

Associate
Cleaning job, interview?

lol

I've worked through university myself, in a variety of jobs, ranging from the nice, to toilet cleaning at 4am.

The reason why all the people I worked with were foreigners, was because they were all on minimum wage (£6.08 an hour), except they were not because they all gave extra time.

If you didn't you were fired. Everyone was on a temp contract as well, they wouldn't keep you after a certain period of time.

This was working through the night in cold unsanitary conditions in dead end jobs with no hope of anything better.

They could do this, because the polish, russian and coloureds lapped it up because they lived in houses with a huge number of people, and send the meagre money back where it was worth far far more.
So essentially what you just said was "Foreign employees were happier to work extra time with little job security making them attractive to employers".

Oh btw, just because they're working more hours doesn't mean they're still not on minimum wage.

Man of Honour
It's now(I was born in the 50s) a right **** hole.

Time to move then if you don't like it. But blaming the fact we have mixed blood lines and different religions and ethnic backgrounds as a root cause for the UK being a ****hole is myopic ignorant as well as backward.

Furthermore is it really a ****hole? Sure there are a few poorer enclaves but you have that all around the world.

I think most peeps agree.

We just disagree on reasons why it's not like that at the moment.

Blaming other cultures which bring richness and diversity is absurd.

Like in all cases there will be the extreme few which don't account for the majority irrespective of creed/religion/ethnic background. However tarring all of this on one aspect is so mind numbingly stupid that I'm sure I'm misunderstanding what people are driving at.

Soldato
No, you have used the services of this country, that doesn't automatically entitle you to the right to stay. You had a choice in whether to use the universities of these countries, or the ones back in your homeland. For some strange reason :)rolleyes::p) you chose the UK university route.

That was a choice you have made, and by paying tax it has meant that you have been gaining money, along with the honour of living in these fair isles.

Doesn't grant you the right to stay in the country as far as I'm concerned.

And just because someone contributes money, doesn't mean that they are an asset to the country. I personally believe the country would be a lot more stable in the long run if we utilised existing available labour rather than bring in every tom dick and harry.

I do wish to clarify myself here, by the way. I have no rancor to you in the slightest, and in fact I'm sure you'd make a wonderful addition to the country. I'm just trying to make a point that this country is geographically small, with limited resources with an already huge population.

Combined with the fact that as humans we do NOT integrate very well, and I think we have a ticking timebomb on our hands, in the form of economic unrest.

No, but I used the services far less than a citizen, despite being subject to the same obligations. Never used state schools, hardly used NHS etc.

As for universities - I moved here due to my mom having a job transfer. Not really at an age where I decide anything. When my mom left, I was already in my third year. Also, the style of teaching in the UK suits me more.

I have been gaining money, all of which is also spent in the UK thereby contributing to the growth of the economy.

As for what is an asset part -personally I believe that anyone who is a decent person and contributes to economic growth is an asset. You obviously have a different view and define asset on separate criteria.

Thug
Soldato
So essentially what you just said was "Foreign employees were happier to work extra time with little job security making them attractive to employers".

Oh btw, just because they're working more hours doesn't mean they're still not on minimum wage.

The work was exploitative, harsh and was not in keeping with labour laws. I was the only vaguely indigenous worker there.

And they were definitely not on minimum wage. Minimum wage is £6.07 which we were all on. Paid til 4:30am, except that it was impossible to get the job done by then, and the reality was 5:30am.

If you complained, then you were gone the next day. Simple as.

Soldato
isnt the point that the capital of England is being over run and maybe in 100 years we could have a government that does not care for the country and it being run worse than it is today..

Caporegime
Im an Ethnic Minority woot ! :)

it makes me sad and makes me laugh. If the Shoe were on the other foot i think almost everyone would agree they if they could they would move to a "better" both economically and liberated country in a heartbeat to further them self and their family.

You plebs should look at your own crappy lives and stop blaming "foreigners" for making them bad take some personal responsibility for yourself.

The worlds changing. Deal with it or moan on OcUK.

Soldato

it makes me sad and makes me laugh. If the Shoe were on the other foot i think almost everyone would agree they if they could they would move to a "better" both economically and liberated country in a heartbeat to further them self and their family.

You plebs should look at your own crappy lives and stop blaming "foreigners" for making them bad take some personal responsibility for yourself.

i'd like to move to india and start a farm, but they would kicked me out..

same with africa, they'd burn down my house..

so i guess im stuck here, listening to people like you saying i should shut up and deal with it..

nice and friendly

Caporegime

So the fact they were there didn't actually prevent you from getting a job and your main complaint is actually about the particular employer who exploited you.

Having been a student too I can't say it was particularly taxing to find part time work... I don't know of anyone who resorted to cleaning bogs at 4am... bar work, tutoring, summer internships were standard though. Just sounds like an epic fail on your part.

Also - FYI - the term 'coloureds' isn't always received well.

Soldato
Blaming other cultures which bring richness and diversity is absurd.

Now surely that one comes down to personal experiences? I've experienced both bad and good from imported cultures but it's only through certain channels that i've encountered either.

It's no stretch to imagine many people only operate in certain sections of society where they encounter either mostly good or mostly bad influences of these cultures.

SPG

SPG

Soldato

Hmm we can deal with it by dropping very big bombs on places that we dont like, think are backward or wont come round to our way of thinking.

The fact is without them low skilled/semi skilled low paid jobs would be a plenty. Sorry but if the truth hurts dont open the box.

Back
Top Bottom