Moving to Canada for 12 months - IEC Working Holiday Visa

Soldato
Thanks - I hope ours comes back soon then! How much time do they give you to get all the paperwork/evidence needed? Would you be able to tell me what else is needed please?

Once you start the CIC Process you have 60days to submit, but I believe the Conditional Letter from IEC last 6months, so you could always reapply again on the CIC after the 60days if needs be.

You need:

Scans of:

Passport ID Page + All Stamped Pages

Digital Photo (they give you the measurements, but essentially a passport photo)

Police Check

You also need to complete 3 forms they provide:

1 is saying whether you need a medical or not, just a Yes/No
1 is about family - Mother/Father/Siblings/Spouses and whether they are coming with you or not

The last one has lots of random details like job background, addresses, etc...

Oh you also need to upload a CV

Think that is most of it... at least what I can remember!

The only thing that is worrying me is the Police Check has my old address on it, not current one as I moved a week after I got it in December, the passport number, name and dob all match so hoping that's ok!

Soldato
Thanks for the information - I've managed to upload it all, apart from the Police Check which I'm waiting to get back.

I'm confused as to these 3 forms though, I only needed to do 2, Family Information and Application for a Work Permit (5645 and 1295 respectively). Nothing about a medical :confused:

Fingers crossed I get my Police check back soon :)

Soldato
You still need to do the medical one - the form just says do you need a medical Yes/No

I ticked No (not working in that area). If you tick Yes I think they contact you about meeting a CIC Approved GP for one or something

Soldato
You still need to do the medical one - the form just says do you need a medical Yes/No

I ticked No (not working in that area). If you tick Yes I think they contact you about meeting a CIC Approved GP for one or something

Oh was that the question about working in Care, or Health worker or similar? I ticked the No box as well, I'm assuming that's as far as it goes?

Soldato
Oh was that the question about working in Care, or Health worker or similar? I ticked the No box as well, I'm assuming that's as far as it goes?

I did also, but on the page with all the upload documents was a medical form request there as well - the form itself is a simple yes/no - it wouldnt let me save the tick as a pdf though so I printed and rescanned

Soldato
I did also, but on the page with all the upload documents was a medical form request there as well - the form itself is a simple yes/no - it wouldnt let me save the tick as a pdf though so I printed and rescanned

There wasn't for me:

imFAuzZ.jpg

The second batch of IEC Working Holiday Visas is now open! Absolute carnage, it took me a good half hour to submit my girlfriend's application for her - then it suddenly went through!

Associate
Haha, all this stress today with the servers going down! My mates have managed to get theirs though so we're still set :)

In other news, I got my conditional acceptance letter today and it's all been sent off!

Soldato
Haha, all this stress today with the servers going down! My mates have managed to get theirs though so we're still set :)

In other news, I got my conditional acceptance letter today and it's all been sent off!

I managed to submit Emma's for her - luckily she had managed to register for a Kompass account in the last batch, but not submitted it before they ran out. So it was a simple case of clicking "Submit" :)

Soldato
I just managed to register and can't see me being able to get scanned stuff today. If I can't and they run out does that mean I will have to wait or as I'm already registered secure my place?

Also anyone having issues while completing info it keeps redirecting to the or Non-Canadians - Travel and Work in Canada page by itself?

There's another batch opening on 7th March - my girlfriend had registered for a Kompass account when the last batch were available. She managed to get everything uploaded/scanned before today, so all she had to do was submit it :)

Associate
Had an absolute mare with this today. Eventually managed to get in and complete all 7 areas it was asking for, but couldn't get any further before it shut down on me :( Damn thing still said 600+ places left but the submit button was gone.

Can anyone confirm - if I manage to submit in the final round on 7th March, is that the date that my application will be registered as being placed by? As it's my 31st birthday on 31st March I'm concerned that I won't have enough time to then do the rest if not?

Also, the application step-by-step thing said I would have to upload a CV/resume and the receipt for fee payment? But nowhere was there a place to upload my CV, including in the Messages bit like it said? And doesn't the payment bit come after submitting?

Thanks for any info, very frustrated by the whole thing!

Soldato
Had an absolute mare with this today. Eventually managed to get in and complete all 7 areas it was asking for, but couldn't get any further before it shut down on me :( Damn thing still said 600+ places left but the submit button was gone.

Can anyone confirm - if I manage to submit in the final round on 7th March, is that the date that my application will be registered as being placed by? As it's my 31st birthday on 31st March I'm concerned that I won't have enough time to then do the rest if not?

Also, the application step-by-step thing said I would have to upload a CV/resume and the receipt for fee payment? But nowhere was there a place to upload my CV, including in the Messages bit like it said? And doesn't the payment bit come after submitting?

Thanks for any info, very frustrated by the whole thing!

I think you need to be issued the Letter of Introduction before your 31st birthday - it doesn't matter if you turn 31 during it's validity period. Have a look here for the FAQ - you may need to ask them directly though.

If you've managed to get a Kompass account and filled in all the details in all the sections, then it'll be a case of just submitting your application on the 7th. Make sure you log on as soon as possible - you should be fine.

If you've had more than 3 jobs in the last 5 years then you need to send them your CV - although if not, it's still a good idea. When you go to My Messages, you'll be able to send IEC a message with an attachment - although I think you need to have submitted your application first, so you may need to wait for that.

With regards to payment, once you've submitted your application another section appears at the top of the list - here you can upload your proof of payment (I used a screenshot of the payment confirmation screen, Halifax online banking FYI) - this needs to include your WTN. All will become clear once they send you the message/PDF containing your WTN and payment instructions.

Hope this helps :)

Associate
I think you need to be issued the Letter of Introduction before your 31st birthday - it doesn't matter if you turn 31 during it's validity period. Have a look here for the FAQ - you may need to ask them directly though.

If you've managed to get a Kompass account and filled in all the details in all the sections, then it'll be a case of just submitting your application on the 7th. Make sure you log on as soon as possible - you should be fine.

If you've had more than 3 jobs in the last 5 years then you need to send them your CV - although if not, it's still a good idea. When you go to My Messages, you'll be able to send IEC a message with an attachment - although I think you need to have submitted your application first, so you may need to wait for that.

With regards to payment, once you've submitted your application another section appears at the top of the list - here you can upload your proof of payment (I used a screenshot of the payment confirmation screen, Halifax online banking FYI) - this needs to include your WTN. All will become clear once they send you the message/PDF containing your WTN and payment instructions.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks very much, that's really helpful :D

Back
Top Bottom