Parking ticket..wrong reg

bJN

bJN

Soldato
They take picture's, they take one when the time has ran out and then another 5 mins later to show you have been there longer than the time allowed, the pictures are time stamped

Irrelevant, the PCN was incorrect in this case.

OP, they cannot do anything and enforce it, so no need to worry.

Soldato
Pictures mean nothing. If the vehicle registration is incorrect then the ticket is void. When it happened to us I called them and they cancelled it from the system there and then whilst I was on the phone.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
What's irrelevant? That's a fact, weather he can get away with it or not that still what they do to prove it was his car

The pictures aren't the Penalty Charge Notice though, they are simply evidence to back-up any issued Notice. The PCN itself was incorrectly filled out, thus it is void and the OP can move on without parting with his money.

Associate
Is it even void with the tax disk number etc?

The tax disk number is not statutorily required and therefore would not be a fatal flaw that rendered the ticket void.

It is part of the information that should be on the PCN (applicable to Reg 9 but not Reg 10) under statutory guidance of which the council must have regard. It is arguably a procedural impropriety for the tax disk number to be omitted or in error. The council would argue that the error was de minimis and an adjudicator would quite likely agree.

Caporegime
I had a ticket a bit like this a few years ago, it was my old BMW 728i.
Pa140004-1.jpg

The warden filled it in as a Mercedes 728i & also wrote the reg number down as starting IL40 instead of K40 as it should have been (petty on my part but hey!)

I emailed them saying it I did not own a Mercedes with that registration & got a reply saying it was cancelled. :p

Soldato
I had a ticket a bit like this a few years ago, it was my old BMW 728i.
Pa140004-1.jpg

The warden filled it in as a Mercedes 728i & also wrote the reg number down as starting IL40 instead of K40 as it should have been (petty on my part but hey!)

I emailed them saying it I did not own a Mercedes with that registration & got a reply saying it was cancelled. :p

That looks like a private ticket, so could have been filed under 'bin'.

Unless of course issued on behalf of the council.

Soldato
OP
Update: got a letter back today, ticket cancelled. Glad I did not pay. The principle wins!

Thank you for your correspondence about the above Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).
"We have looked at the case in detail and we have accepted your representations on this occasion. Therefore we have cancelled the above PCN.

Although we are satisfied that the contravention did occur and the PCN was issued correctly, we have cancelled this PCN on a technicality. However, any similar or additional PCNs may not be cancelled."

Back
Top Bottom