Buy Concert Tickets on eBay through Paypal

Associate
I'm buying some fleetwood mac tickets for my mum's birthday and eBay seems to have a few available. Some of the auctions are for people with tickets in hand and other are simply people who have received order confirmations and are awaiting tickets. With the concert being in September, if I pay now, will I still be able to claim back the money through ebay/paypal if the tickets don't arrive? I know for some items, you have to raise a dispute within 30 days of buying the item (I think). Does this apply to all items?

Soldato
Try this site for the tickets you need: http://www.scarletmist.com/

As for the method, I've used it a few times and not been stung yet, that could well be down to luck.
You'll deffo get touts outside the venue if it came to it so could tag it in a card to your mam and sort it out later?

Best of luck.

Associate
OP
Cheers for the link - no tickets for fleetwood mac unfortunately, but I've bookmarked it for future use.

Soldato
On the other side of the fence.

I bought 2 tickets to Coachella in America, i cant make it now, what would be the best way to sell these tickets?

Permabanned
I got scammed by this some years ago, as the 90 days had passed paypal would do nothing, only buy tickets from people who have them in hand

Soldato
If you have to do it, make sure it's within the 90 days for your peace of mind/safety. I've bought tickets and had no trouble, especially if it's a high-feedback seller, and I've also sold with the same proviso (once received from the distributor). The only trouble I've had is with one idiot who didn't understand "I will send them once I receive them from the distributor" and tried to claim back, despite me emailing them throughout the process to reassure them.

Soldato
It's a sad fact that there are people on EBay who will try to scam. SO look for someone with plenty of rating and feedback.
Don't be tempted by the cheapest if the person has only been there five minutes.
I've purchased tickets without any problem - I found someone who claimed they had two extra tickets for The Killers.
I paid not that much over the cover price and I actually met the guy on the day of the gig as he was going, so all in all a good transaction.
I've also sold tickets twice - once when both me and the wife got tickets and we only needed 2 and once when my brother couldn't go to a gig I bought him tickets for.
Of course I can be trusted - but I know the buyers were nervous.

In a week or so it looks like I'll be selling a couple of Muse tickets. When I put them on EBay I'll be offering:

My email confirmation I own the tickets
My home and mobile phone number
My home address

Hopefully that will convince any buyer that I'm not "fly by night" and they know exactly where they can find me!

Choose the right seller and you'll be fine.

Commissario
I doubt anyone will have Fleetwood Mac tickets in hand yet as they were only bought a couple of weeks ago (I'm speaking from experience :D). Unless of course they opted for an emailed ticket and they have the print out?

Be careful, I'd buy nearer the time when people actually have their tickets.

Soldato
Its a tough one, there is plenty of potential for you to get scammed because you'll be outside of the chargeback period for Paypal. Having said that I've bought a lot of tickets on Paypal over the years, opening night of Dirty Dancing west end show, opening night of Jason and his Technicolor whatsitsface with Lee Mead, etc etc - and I've never had a problem.

I guess its a risk you choose to take.

Back
Top Bottom