OcUK MTB MEET GLENTRESS - NOW RESCHEDULED FOR JUNE 28-30th (Spaces Available)

Soldato
Wish I could come to this after going for the last couple of years but it looks like I'll be in the middle of a house move so I'm out :(

Associate
Just been to my lbs and they gave me great expectations of glentres, they also mentioned doing the redbull downhill section and some other things after minge moore as I called it lol

Associate
Can you put me down please for the Saturday :cool:

Just recently back into biking and never ventured anywhere near Glentress before, would be nice to get a run and a meet.

Associate
What the heck, as long as your ok with a beginner I can make the Saturday too. Anyone compare glentress red with mabie's? That's my only experience so far.

Soldato
Mabie is a fair bit smoother with less variety. I've only ridden it once and enjoyed it but imo the range of features at GT is greater, GT also has the amazing Spooky Wood :D

Also does anyone require a lift? I've got a space going in my car and don't have (completely) terrible taste in music.

Associate
Mabie is a fair bit smoother with less variety. I've only ridden it once and enjoyed it but imo the range of features at GT is greater, GT also has the amazing Spooky Wood :D

Also does anyone require a lift? I've got a space going in my car and don't have (completely) terrible taste in music.

Can't hurt to give it a bash then. :D

If i break the old bike it'll just have to be a new un!

BaJ

BaJ

Associate
Really tempted by this, especially after seeing a few videos of the Minch Moor Descent and such like.

None of my mates fancy it though so I'd have to slope all the way north on my own. Is there still one wigwam spot remaining?

Soldato
no one should be worried about GT at all. I have been down the red on a basic HT (Specialized Hardrock) and I managed it just fine including ALL the drops etc on Spooky Wood.

There is one trail that is a bit tight but I forget the name. Its deep in a wooded area on the way to SW and is pretty bumpy and tight and steep-ish. Again I managed it albeit this is where I learned I have to put the chain on the middle ring or it just jumps of with all the banging :o

Soldato
My brother is wanting to come, and was going to catch the train down there, and ride out to Glentress - But on the sunday is there any chance someone could give him a ride over to Innerleithen, if it was needed?

Man of Honour
OP
Really tempted by this, especially after seeing a few videos of the Minch Moor Descent and such like.

None of my mates fancy it though so I'd have to slope all the way north on my own. Is there still one wigwam spot remaining?

Yes still one wigwam space remaining.

My brother is wanting to come, and was going to catch the train down there, and ride out to Glentress - But on the sunday is there any chance someone could give him a ride over to Innerleithen, if it was needed?

Shouldn't be a problem plenty of people will be driving over to Inners on the Sunday.

Soldato
How much cash will I need to bring for the Saturday?

I've never been to a mountain bike trail before so don't know what you actually need to pay for. Is access to the trails free and do they just make their money off of bike hire and food at the facilities?

Soldato
Access to the trails is free. Parking is not free (not sure about Buzzard's Nest CP?), unless you're parking by the Wigwams (cheeky). The shop/cafe obviously make money from bike hire and food etc so won't cost anything unless you're using their services. I doubt you'd need more than a tenner unless you're everyone a bacon sandwich :D

Soldato
Carparking is £3 or £4 from what I recall. I would potential bring your own grub as the long line of people waiting for grub at the Peel Centre is a usual site on a busy saturday.

Otherwise it's turn up and ride.

Back
Top Bottom