*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
Because I want a little grin have one to two rounds sorted after a slightly over excited beer order (though its mostly to try more kernel beers after last week and botw came along)

Little bit excited again :D

Caporegime
Quick Query... A - Ale (From country beginnign with A)

Lets say... IPA from america, it's Ale, but is it legit?

Hi matey sorry for late reply but not long home from work...

The beer in question MUST show on can or bottle the word - ALE and be from any country beginning with the letter A.

IPA even though standing for India Pale Ale would only count if spelt out fully, ie. not as IPA

Soldato
What happens if I have a an Ale and the brewery in question is in the UK but it specifically says it is an Ale from said country beginning with A?

Caporegime
What happens if I have a an Ale and the brewery in question is in the UK but it specifically says it is an Ale from said country beginning with A?

Good question mate and one that has risen a few times in the first competition. If the beer in question is from country 'A' then it is counted as being legit regardless of where it is brewed or packaged.

ie. Guinness is brewed in different parts of the world yet will always be deemed to be Irish, this make sense?

Soldato
can i clarify something please, king beers does that beer named like 'le old kings head, king stout etc. king anywhere on the label that isn't the brewery name?

same for red. the red fox beer for example?

Last edited:
Caporegime
can i clarify something please, king beers does that beer named like 'le old kings head, king stout etc. king anywhere on the label that isn't the brewery name?

same for red. the red fox beer for example?

The King one yes but with Red I was thinking more along the lines of a Red Ale

and ye olde, can that be something like victorian ale or 20's bitter???

Yeah anything old world, days gone by sorta thing :)

Back
Top Bottom