What, the actual, ****??? Taxi driver killed by Police after being brutalised in the street

Soldato
Yes, correct, well done.

However, in South Africa, 99% of racism is White people disliking Black people, regardless of their origin. Instances like this of Black South Africans abusing other Black people are incredibly rare by comparison.

Hahahahahahaha. No. There are whites who don't like blacks, blacks who don't like blacks, South Africans who don't like Zimbabweans etc etc. You're completely and utterly deluded if you think racism in SA is only perpetuated by white people.

Soldato
Yes, correct, well done.

However, in South Africa, 99% of racism is White people disliking Black people, regardless of their origin. Instances like this of Black South Africans abusing other Black people are incredibly rare by comparison.

Wow. Just wow.

Caporegime
I was referring more to the motivation behind the event. Yes, incidents of violence are by no means infrequent, but incidents of Black Police abusing other Black people are much less frequent.

errr. sorry but you're wrong. The majority of racism in SA is black on black. Many Black SAs regard other Africans as being inferior and murder/violence is not uncommon at all.

Man of Honour
This doesn't surprise me at all. I used to work with a woman who had been a police officer in Cape Town. She once told a group of us about how they used to go to the townships and shoot random "blicks" after giving them a hiding with a Mag Lite. She couldn't understand why everyone was horrified by her stories.

Permabanned
White South Africans that dislike black South Africans is mostly due to all the crime that goes on even those who live in wealthy gated communities like Oscar Pistorius feel unsafe.

Anyway here is a black South African cop calling an Indian a monkey

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/dewani-monkey-slur-rocks-case-1.999750#.UTDjADDxqQ8

Remember the South African mining shootings from last year? notice most of the police are black and so are the victims?

Black police are no different to white police or any other police for that matter. I'm not sure why police act like that I guess if you were surrounded by people like this you would be a little trigger happy.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
Hahahahahahaha. No. There are whites who don't like blacks, blacks who don't like blacks, South Africans who don't like Zimbabweans etc etc. You're completely and utterly deluded if you think racism in SA is only perpetuated by white people.

Wow. Just wow.

You know what tyre necklacing is, right?

errr. sorry but you're wrong. The majority of racism in SA is black on black. Many Black SAs regard other Africans as being inferior and murder/violence is not uncommon at all.

Wow, okay calm down guys. Maybe I have a skewed perspective having just lived there rather than viewing it from the outside. At no point did I say that only white South Africans are racist. Yes, I do know what Tyre Necklacing is.

Soldato
I read this on the news yesterday and was shocked. I don't think it matters if it's common (I read the statistics on those injured in police custody and killed since 2010 and it was high I thought) but it's the desensitisation of the general public that follows. Once people are no longer surprised by such actions then it's harder for changes to be made.

I have no idea what tyre necklacing is :confused:

Soldato
At no point did I say that only white South Africans are racist.
OH SO IT'S ALLL BUT 1%

However, in South Africa, 99% of racism is White people disliking Black people, regardless of their origin.

Maybe I have a skewed perspective having just lived there rather than viewing it from the outside. Yes, I do know what Tyre Necklacing is.

If you knew what tyre necklacing is you would know there's heavy police involvement.

You are a liar.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
So suddenly exaggeration and hyperbole mean that a figure put in a post automatically becomes a statement of absolute fact?

For your benefit, I have retracted all my previous statements in this thread. You may now go about your business unharmed by my incorrect posts.

I have no idea what tyre necklacing is :confused:

A tyre filled with petrol is forced down over a persons head around their neck and then set on fire, killing them in an incredibly brutal and painful manner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom