Inclination of possible car theft...

Associate
Even if the car is stolen, which I highly doubt as OP has literally nothing to back this up, it wouldn't be any of his business and I suggest he gets on with his own life instead of surveying someone else's from behind his curtains.

Associate
:D

Nosy neighbors are PITA.

indeed, I spent several hours sorting a car stereo (this was many years ago) and a neighbour rocked up and demanded that I prove to him it was my car

I dont mind friendly neighbours who are vigilant and try to help reduce crime but this guy could see how long it was taking me to install a face unit and speakers into the car. Would a thief spend hours sorting out wiring?? lol

I refused to show him my logbook, and he called the police, who arrive 2-3 hours later - what a waste of time

Soldato
indeed, I spent several hours sorting a car stereo (this was many years ago) and a neighbour rocked up and demanded that I prove to him it was my car

I dont mind friendly neighbours who are vigilant and try to help reduce crime but this guy could see how long it was taking me to install a face unit and speakers into the car. Would a thief spend hours sorting out wiring?? lol

I refused to show him my logbook, and he called the police, who arrive 2-3 hours later - what a waste of time

Should have asked him to prove that the clothes he was wearing were his, the house was his, the phone he called the police on was his, etc...

Soldato
Jesus Christ OP, get a life! :D However the rap music would drive me nuts, stab him in the throat with a screwdriver.

Nothing wrong with rap music. Being a wannabee yes as the genre started off promoting originality not copying styles ;)

Hahaha Rap music original? THEY STOLE THE WHITE MAN'S MUSIC. :mad:

Associate
I don't think you're being unreasonable at all, or petty. This guy clearly has no respect for anyone who lives around him. He's either painfully unaware of his own annoyingness or just doesn't give a toss. My advice, move as far away from council houses as possible.

Associate
OP
I have various reasons to not trust the people living opposite.

When I first moved in one of them smashed up my neighbours car and looted it. We had no evidence but knew it was him as he was always skulking at the back of our houses (where our private housing car parks are). The only thing that happened with that was the police eventually caught them loitering out there doing drugs and boozing it up and threatened their tenancy if they didn't stop. Fair enough that stopped.

Also the fact that there are 3 previous jailbirds living amongst the houses, im not sure which ones but its factual information I received from a staff member working for the company I bought the house off (this was after the purchase of course).

In general they do annoy me, im not sure if its the fact that they are all scrounging benefits while im struggling to fund their lifestyle or the fact that they like to sit outside their houses having barbecues and god knows what else while again I have to go off to work.

Then theres the fact that someone in the area keeps turning our external taps on and leaving it (ive actually had to screw the faucet bit off (and turn off the water supply to it ofc)).

I dunno its a pretty ****** area in a pretty rough part of town. Its my fault for thinking 'I cant brand all council tenants with the same brush, im sure it will be fine'. Sure there are some lovely people living in the council housing but majority of them are scum.

My neighbour has also had issues but as we were talking about it yesterday he said hed rather just try and ignore it than get involved as you then become a target. Its pretty much the same situation here.

The other day I had one of their kids throwing stones at my windows. I had to ignore it because frankly its not worth getting the hassle. Plenty of the houses have been burgled around here and I don't want to chance the burglar being them and having them target me for 'dissin' their kids like innit'.

I do however have to agree with the observation that I am bit of a Victor Meldrew. Im not a huge curtain twitcher (these are events that have taken place over a year) but I do get annoyed by other people... Especially if they are young :p

Associate
I think your street may be telling you something - they are sick of your stuck up nosiness and want you to move somewhere more fitting to your class.

Back
Top Bottom