*** Official OcUK Minecraft Server - Discussion and Rules ***

Soldato
perhaps it would be worth taking out a couple more of the gregtech recipes? even i'm getting slightly frustrated with some of them and i know gregtech has a config file to determine what gregtech recipies get used and what IC2 ones get used so it is pretty simple to change
i'm quite happy with stuff like the macerator taking some diamonds, but the water mills really do need to be taken down a peg or two

Last edited:
Associate
With you completely on this one, I've had some experience with most of the mods on the server, but never seen the point in gregtech. It makes even some the of the very simple machines, like you mentioned the water mill, a huge undertaking. I remember them being pretty much the first power source I used to set up.

Have to agree Thermal expansion basically replaces most of IC2 machines because it is a lot easier to setup. IC2 is probably my fav mod but sadly gregtech ruins the mod imo.

Edit: Greg tech is the reason I decided to stop playing on the server sadly I love IC2 it is easy my fave mod but greg tech has removed the fun from it.

Last edited:
Soldato
What mod is it the server uses that removes low dura items from yer action bar to prevent breaking them?
That would be inventory tweaks i think. You can turn it off by clicking the three dots on the top right of your inventory or any chest and changing a setting called something like "repair friendly refill."

I'm also having trouble connecting to the server. Is it because i'm using the test client from the dropbox, because the server is down or because my laptop is being funny again? I know i shouldnt be able to actually join the LT server with this client, but it usually gives me the option of connecting to it. Right now it cant even reach the server. i cant seem to connect to the steam servers either for some reason which makes me think its my laptop playing up

Associate
That would be inventory tweaks i think. You can turn it off by clicking the three dots on the top right of your inventory or any chest and changing a setting called something like "repair friendly refill."

I'm also having trouble connecting to the server. Is it because i'm using the test client from the dropbox, because the server is down or because my laptop is being funny again? I know i shouldnt be able to actually join the LT server with this client, but it usually gives me the option of connecting to it. Right now it cant even reach the server. i cant seem to connect to the steam servers either for some reason which makes me think its my laptop playing up

rofl been using inventory tweaks for well over 8 months and never realized it had options lol.

Soldato
The FTB guys have just released their 'ultimate' modpack. They would probably have a heart attack when they see our server which has ~50 more mods on it going by that modcount thing we have, but i figure it might help you guys with any mod conflict problems and ID config problems you're having.

modlist is here: http://pastebin.com/sC9AWhH8

apart from applied energistics and the voxel mods (whatever they are) i dont think we're missing any major stuff from their modpack

use the code 'ultimate' in the launcher to get it (i think you have to restart the launcher for it to show up)

Last edited:
Associate
Ok so vanilla server was using a lot of resources the issue is with dynmap updating every second also updating per every block placement as well as almost every other type of action. So i change this to only player movement and to update tiles every 60sec's.

So hopefully this will resolve the server lag issues.
This weekend i will look more at the server and see what else i and streamline.

Soldato
Could be worth some kind of naming scheme being introduced to make this more obvious in future.

They already are in the nexus and also on the live map lol

This :p
(unless you have made a vanilla mystcraft world on the modded server somehow and i dont know about it)
+ I told you on steam the night before :p :p

Btw anyone using the modded server if you have any questions or if anything derps feel free to msg me on steam

Last edited:
Soldato
i havent been on the server (or to the nexus) in ages, so i had no idea there was a vanilla mystcraft age. when you were talking to me i figured you were talking about the overworld

sorry for the confusion.

*edit*
Just read that the latest XyCraft is incompatible with Ars Magica. Whether that is just IDs or a genuine incompatibility i don't know because the person on the forum the advice was being aimed at isnt the sharpest knife in the draw. however, shocker as XyCraft is incompatible with something :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
hopefully the update to Ars magica should cure that problem though

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1486184-ars-magica-v537005-updated-march-8/page__st__3820

*edit*
there might be another update coming soon because the arcane beam spell does 64 damage on augmented in this one

*2nd edit*
The hotfix for the damage of the arcane beam (and ender bolt) is available now.

with the test client you gave me i have been able to run ars magica without any issue as far as i can tell. Flight is working with the gravisuit on SSP (cant test SMP myself). The only problem i have found is that there is a world leak somewhere apparently. I'm not sure whats causing it but i'd be surprised if it was ars magica. (chicken chunks used to cause world leaks, don't know if that is fixed yet)

I've uploaded the config file i've been using for ars to the dropbox with the new items grouped in the same place as the old config was using. I've also uplodaed the ars magica sounds to the dropbox

Last edited:
Associate
I am having some very annoying problems with lava. Last night (around 12am) my tank had 7000 buckets of lava in. Now, it's all gone and the pumps aren't pumping anything in. Tank is chunk loaded, so is the pump (both with portal gun portals). I dont know why it's happening. It seems like the engines are eating it, even though they aren't on? Only 2 of them are on constantly.

Is it me or is there a problem?

Roo.

EDIt: and the server is really dodgy atm. Struggle connecting and it just kicked me. Tps is at 20 however.

Back
Top Bottom