Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
img0571hv.jpg

Guys...trying to remove this bb. Its a specalized sealed cartridge. I should be trying counter clockwise right?

Lefty loosy, righty tighty? Yes, the other side 'washer' has been removed. This is the only part left to be removed.

InQ

InQ

Associate
SRAM Rival here on my Boardman Team Carbon, no complaints really.

Probably go Campag next (Athena or Chorus), only because i have my winter bike on Campag (Veloce) and i like it and the Ribble R872 doesnt have the option for SRAM anyway.

Soldato
I'm wanting to buy a decent GPS computer in the next week or two, and have my eyes on the Garmin Edge 500 w/HRM and Cadence- it's coming in at around £197.

However, the Garmin Edge 510 is being released in a few weeks which obviously has a few improvements. It's around £250 for the unit alone, so with HRM/Cadence, it'll come it at around £300 I guess.

Think I'll just go for the Edge 500, but... opinions?

Associate
Just back from my first sportive around Sussex it was great fun to be with larger groups but the last 10km was a real struggle. I think the legs had gone but I need to get better with eating on the bike as some more calories would have given me more energy.

Anyway 15 miles further than I have ever done and 500M more climbing so overall I'm pretty happy :)

link for a laugh!
http://app.strava.com/activities/42964384

Soldato
Got out on the bike again for the first time in a month and was confronted by a constant headwind :(

Need to start riding more regularly as I'm not making much in the way of improvement at the moment, which is hardly surprising.

Soldato
Don't forget the Bryton variants :)

How do they compare to the Garmin Edge series, what is the Bryton equivalent?

*Goes off to have a look....*

The Bryton 50, looking at £230 for the 50 w/cadence and HRM, the Bryton 35, which is £188 for the 35 w/cadence and HRM or the Bryton 40 which is £197. Interesting. I'll have to check out some reviews. Seems they have a lot of closely priced models eh?

Edge 510 isn't worth it, but hold fire a week or two in case 500 prices drop when the 510 is released.

I have a feeling it won't, I think they've pitched the 510 as a higher end model- rather than a direct replacement for the 500...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom