Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
So these are the alloys I have (black one)
DSC_0695_zpsadff9121.jpg

Should I complain to the garage that fitted them?

OcUK Staff
OP
So these are the alloys I have (black one)
DSC_0695_zpsadff9121.jpg

Should I complain to the garage that fitted them?

Yes those are the wider alloys, half inch wider in the rear, hence the default 305 width rear rubber.

My new tyres are 305 in the rear too as I'm fitting Corsa track tyres. :)

Associate
This may be a silly question to ask but is it ok for me to fit Bosch wiper blades to my car and not have Porsche invalidate my warranty when it goes for its MOT next month? I know they are petty about some things but are they really petty enough about wiper blades lol? :cool:

OcUK Staff
OP
This may be a silly question to ask but is it ok for me to fit Bosch wiper blades to my car and not have Porsche invalidate my warranty when it goes for its MOT next month? I know they are petty about some things but are they really petty enough about wiper blades lol? :cool:

Officially you'd void your warranty, it's really down to the understanding of the dealership, I've got none nspec tyres fitted without issue and wiper blades is not something that will make the car combust into flames.

Associate
My dealership is the one in Nottingham. Do you have any experience with them? Are they trusted for MOT's and services with them not trying to rip me off by replacing things that are perfectly fine. This will be the first time I've had my car MOT'd during my ownership.

Soldato
They are nice but I also really like the sport design alloys on my Targa. I wanted a 911 so bad for so long and now I have 2 of them lol.

I hope to get the silver one sold soon.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Yesterday, I applied a coat of banana dodo juice and sealed the wheels.

Today its having all the brakes changed to steels:-

- 997 Turbo disc all round
- GT3 PF 08 Compound front pads
- Carrera S PF 08 Compound front pads for the rear
- New brake sensors all round

The new 997 steel brake disc and Performance Friction 08 front/rear pads
photo6jiu.jpg

Car looking shiny on the ramp!
photo1moo.jpg

photo5fs.jpg

Pictures of the ceramic disc
photo2nz.jpg

photo3i.jpg

Pictures of the steel disc, looking clean for now!
photo4th.jpg

So in short, if anyone ever has a C2S with PCCB and they want to convert to steel you need:-
1. 997 Turbo disc all round £650 - £850 cost for all 4 depending on discount!
2. Front pads 997 Turbo and GT3 pads will fit, or continue using your ceramic stock pads, they will work fine! (Performance Friction 08 pads, approx £550 all round, Porsche ceramic Pads approx £700 all round)
3. Rear pads, you need to use 997 Carrera S front pads for the rear calipers, or the stock ceramic pads work fine!

Pad wise I've gone with PF08's though as they are supposed to be superb on road and track, zero fade and will last upto approx 10 hard driven trackdays, wheras the stock ceramic pads are only good for 4-5 track days and cost more.

Soldato
Lots of holes in the discs, will they hold up well on track days?

I have been looking to move to just grooved or j-hook discs because of OEM ones cracking just from "heavy" road use

P.S Car looks great!

OcUK Staff
OP
Lots of holes in the discs, will they hold up well on track days?

I have been looking to move to just grooved or j-hook discs because of OEM ones cracking just from "heavy" road use

P.S Car looks great!

Porsche o.e. disc, will be fine m8. :)

Though blanks/grooved are stronger, if you look closely you will notice the ones on the outer edges are dimpled, so Porsche are obviously aware of the weaknesses and made updates to prevent cracking.

Soldato
Porsche o.e. disc, will be fine m8. :)

Though blanks/grooved are stronger, if you look closely you will notice the ones on the outer edges are dimpled, so Porsche are obviously aware of the weaknesses and made updates to prevent cracking.

OK nice, just keep an eye out for this after a heavy day on the brakes!

forum-oemcrack.jpg

forum-oemcracksideon.jpg

OcUK Staff
OP
Back
Top Bottom