***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Permabanned
How come?

i cant put my finger on it, i just feel the need to change from android but there is no better or even equal alternative. been using android since q1 2010 when the xperia x10 was released and it just seems to be dragging on abit. i often rom hop and modify the look of my phone and its still not doing it for me !

Caporegime
Need some advice.

Friend dropped her GS 3 and cracked the screen (think the touch digitiser may be broke too) and then went and spilled water on it......tried the rice trick etc. and new battery (took it to a repair shop and they said it has water damage).

So what can she do? Would Samsung still take it but just charge to repair it (I presume they are the only ones that can anyway?)? If so, how much?

Soldato
Huzzah! I picked my phone up today at 12pm.
They've formatted the phone, updated the software and restored it to manufacture settings.

However, in the mere 5 hours I've had my phone I've had it freeze 4 times! Each time requiring me to remove the battery and put it back in.

I'm writing an email to CPW for them to send it back and replace the motherboard. Also going to ask for an Galaxy S3 or similar while my phone is being repaired.

Caporegime
Need some advice.

Friend dropped her GS 3 and cracked the screen (think the touch digitiser may be broke too) and then went and spilled water on it......tried the rice trick etc. and new battery (took it to a repair shop and they said it has water damage).

So what can she do? Would Samsung still take it but just charge to repair it (I presume they are the only ones that can anyway?)? If so, how much?

Anyone? :)

Caporegime
Try CPW Nexus - they do repairs. I think they replace the screen for under £100.

I think she said that she had tried them but they couldn't repair the damage done (not to do with the broken screen but the phone/hardware itself due to water damage)

She took it to some repair shop and they tried a new battery out but supposedly it heated up too quickly.

Will ask her again about what the guy at CPW exactly said.

Any idea as to how much Samsung would charge to repair it and how long it would take?

If nothing can be done, we will probably just send it of to mazumamobile for £110 and put that towards a nexus 4.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yup :(

Just having a look at CPW site for repair stuff and here they say:

How much do repairs cost?

Faults not covered by the warranty (including liquid and physical damage repairs) cost between £29.99 and £169.99 depending on the type of phone you have

http://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view()=c{6421dcc0-ce06-11de-e56d-000000000000}

but then they say this here:

Why can't you repair my product?

There are signs of liquid damage.

http://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view()=c{a14bf750-2871-11df-7b6c-f20203001e3d}

So, will get her to stop in again and check (I don't think they actually even tested it properly, phone wasn't sent away or anything, just give her an answer there and then....)

So essentially, options are:

- pay up to about £170 for repair and spend 1-2 weeks without a good phone
- mazuma gs 3 and get a n4 for £140

And samsung would probably charge something similar to cpw.

Just be easier to do the mazuma thing and get a n4 :p

Soldato
Anyone know how to disable or remove samsung premium suite?

The wife has it on her phone and it just annoys her and she wants it gone. I can't seem to find any name relating to it to remove it from the apps, either in the app store or samsungs own app bit.

Any help much appreciated :)

Soldato
I've cracked the screen on my S3 and had been using it fine for months and now it's completely messed up.

The back light doesn't seem to come on and there is liquid that has run, you can just about see parts of the screen under perfect light etc....

So basically I want to recycle it, where is the best place to do this with obviously a messed up screen? Everything else works perfectly.

Soldato
My S3 is on its way out im sure of it, its charging so slow that even with the screen on its discharging (% going down) when its plugged in, phone shows AC, all battery apps state its charging at the full 1a (999 in most cases) yet the actual phone/battery is refusing to play ball - Its restarted itself 7 times today, god knows how many times during the night :(

Soldato
My S3 is on its way out im sure of it, its charging so slow that even with the screen on its discharging (% going down) when its plugged in, phone shows AC, all battery apps state its charging at the full 1a (999 in most cases) yet the actual phone/battery is refusing to play ball - Its restarted itself 7 times today, god knows how many times during the night :(

Mine wasn't anywhere near as bad as that but I took it out of my pocket to find it completely dead not long after.

Associate

This is what mine was doing, exactly.. Sent it off to Samsung before it completely broke and in 2 weeks they sent it back with a brand new mainboard (the new revision without the sudden death problem) and it's flawless again

G.

Soldato
Too late lol, died this morning, i was going to take it into the repair center (luckily i have one in my town center lol) this morning, and get it done before that, but it beat me to it. Estimated 2 week turn around so we shall see. Also ive got them checking the power plug thing as im not sure if mine was faulty in some way.

Oh and i already backed everything up yesterday and wiped it clean as i was planning on taking it in anyway.

Soldato
And is this while running the new 'fixed' firmware??

Mine's been freezing loads lately, I put it down to a bug with cm10.1 that I was using when it started... but now it's still doing it even now I'm back on a stock based rom

Should I prepare for death?

Back
Top Bottom