Should texting while walking be banned?

Soldato
No, people simply need to take responsibility for their actions. If the daft buggers walk into something then more fool them.

What if it happens to be your car and windscreen that their brain matter is sprayed all over? How would you feel then??

I agree with making it a crime for people to be texting or doing anything other than looking and paying attention when crossing the road, on the pavement however is taking it too far imho.

Soldato
What a stupid idea, I hardly text whilst walking but when I do I'm still aware of my surroundings especially if you keep glancing up every few seconds

Soldato
What a stupid idea, I hardly text whilst walking but when I do I'm still aware of my surroundings especially if you keep glancing up every few seconds

How is it a stupid idea :confused:
Provided they are sensible and only enforce the law when morons are texting whilst crossing a road I think it's an excellent idea that will undoubtedly save lives!!
Not paying 100% attention when crossing the road is utter stupidity, so stupid in fact that you could be rewarded with a Darwin award

Soldato
It's stories like this that convince the public they have freedom.

"They were going to ban it, but they didn't, so count yourself lucky."

And then they strip away more freedoms.

Repeat.

Human Farm project complete.

Associate
I'm not sure the problem is with texting - I've noticed a lot of people just seem to walk around looking at their feet. Just ban stupid people instead ;)

Soldato
No, allow it. Also allow texting while crossing the street and give free access to steep cliffs, railway lines and hard drugs. Should weed out a few of the genetic stragglers who could improve things all around by not reproducing.

Let's get a little chlorine in this gene pool from time to time.

Soldato
so, ban texting, and by association, should ban talking also, city centres would fall silent as we all march from place to place in utter silence, following pre-defined routes while the overseer's make sure we conform..

Permabanned
No, allow it. Also allow texting while crossing the street and give free access to steep cliffs, railway lines and hard drugs. Should weed out a few of the genetic stragglers who could improve things all around by not reproducing.

Let's get a little chlorine in this gene pool from time to time.

so, ban texting, and by association, should ban talking also, city centres would fall silent as we all march from place to place in utter silence, following pre-defined routes while the overseer's make sure we conform..

Hmm, both options have their merits, but which one to pick? Does draconian dystopia come with HDTV and Sky?

Associate
People who constantly walk around with their full attention on their phone annoy me, It's a sad way to live.

I think this is a stupid idea, but then I remember that girl who fell of a cliff whilst walking and texting. Hillarious.

Caporegime
most people can walk in a straight line, even when texting. So if someone is walking into you or getting in your way maybe you need to just move when you see them.
Plenty of ignorant people just walk in a straight line and will walk through people whether they are texting or not

Back
Top Bottom