Dead space series canned after poor sales...

Soldato
Thats what happens when you make a decent game, then try to change what people lived about it to conform with trendy action games of today!

Its a shame as the devs know how to make a decent game, but they lost there way and i wonder how much that is down to them, or down to ea

Soldato
By the lack of effort when porting it to PC

Please stop dragging out this stupid bloody argument, DS3 ran very well, had very good graphics customization options and the FoV was adjustable in the ini files. As far as I'm concerned that makes it a pretty damn good port, so they didn't give it anything special over the consoles but honestly this obsession some PC gamers have with having everything better than consoles is starting to ware on my nerves.

The fact the PC version didn't have higher res textures than the console is no indication as to why it didn't sell well.

The fact the game wasn't very good had much more to do with that.

Soldato
Please stop dragging out this stupid bloody argument, DS3 ran very well, had very good graphics customization options and the FoV was adjustable in the ini files. As far as I'm concerned that makes it a pretty damn good port, so they didn't give it anything special over the consoles but honestly this obsession some PC gamers have with having everything better than consoles is starting to ware on my nerves.

The fact the PC version didn't have higher res textures than the console is no indication as to why it didn't sell well.

The fact the game wasn't very good had much more to do with that.

It likely played a part though, just look at the PC community when console ports are about, one of the first things they look for is the way it's being ported and whether we'll get updated settings/textures - otherwise we may as well be playing on consoles.

Soldato
It likely played a part though

Only a very small part, if that.

Complaining when a game ported to PC runs like a dog and is actually worse than playing it on a console due to control issues, fair enough, that is just bad and lazy development.

Complaining because a dev didn't actually add/recreate assets purely for the PC when the game runs perfectly and allows for solid graphics customization is just dumb.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Only a very small part, if that.

Complaining when a game ported to PC runs like a dog and is actually worse than playing it on a console due to control issues, fair enough, that is just bad and lazy development.

Complaining because a dev didn't actually add/recreate assets purely for the PC when the game runs perfectly and allows for solid graphics customization is just dumb.

No it's not.

Associate
It seems similar to what they did with mass effect, each game a more accessible and desperate to appeal to the mainstream than the last to the point where they end up alienating the people that bought and made the earlier games successful.
They never seem to be content with games selling a solid amount, they throw more money at them in an effort to transform them into gazillion selling AAA titles and end up killing them off. They never ******* learn anything from their failures.

Soldato
Still yet to play DS2 because I knew it would eventually lean in the direction it has taken. Game are being ruined by the mainstream! Why has everything gotta have a M16A3 & 600 billion enemies to mow down with no difficulty.

Is DS3 worth a purchase? Can I retain the grasp of the plasma cutter for DS2+3?

Soldato
I actually bought the Dead Space pack in a Steam sale and went through DS1 but by the end I was really forcing myself to carry on, when in my mind I just wanted to play something else - anything else.

At least Doom is immersive and well made, but Dead Space just seems utterly... soulless?

As a result I couldn't even bring myself to install DS2, let alone play it.

Associate
Looks like it has gone the same way as Resident Evil series. Start off a survival horror game and turns into an action shooter.

Mind you RES 4 & 5 were rather good but I still prefer the original concept.

Back
Top Bottom