Moving to Canada for 12 months - IEC Working Holiday Visa

Soldato
I spent 5 hours trying to sort it for my friend coming with me as he was at work; the servers were just hammered - it was extremely annoying. Fortunately I did get as far as registering an account and now everything is ready to submit; so March 7th = Submit and done!

Soldato
There wasn't for me:

imFAuzZ.jpg

The second batch of IEC Working Holiday Visas is now open! Absolute carnage, it took me a good half hour to submit my girlfriend's application for her - then it suddenly went through!

I realised what it is, I got confused by the countries you've lived in bit as it listed the UK; my window was small and didn't see it had a "NO" next to it; which is why I got the medical question.

POOP

I see no way of contacting CIC to let them know my mistake, I've been in the UK the last 27years lol

Soldato
OP
I wasn't planning on looking for jobs before I got to Canada but I ended up contacting a web agency out there as they have a position open which is pretty much exactly the same as mine here in the UK, I really feel like I'm a perfect fit for them.

Anyway, I had an hour and a half Skype call/chat/interview with two guys over there last night and I felt it went really well :) I just need to wait to see if they want me to go and see them in person the week I get there, if they do then I might be able to have work sorted within a week!!!

I'm not pinning all of my hopes on it, as I'm completely open to doing something completely different (ie. retail or restaurant work, in fact I quite like this idea if it comes to it). But it was quite exciting speaking to them about the move.

18 days and 23 hours until take off!!!

Soldato
*like*
icon14.gif

Soldato
Work Permit Approved!

I AM IN!!!!

POE Introduction letter Mar-4-2013 05:59:03 PM ET
Submission Confirmation Feb-21-2013 02:14:19 PM ET

Nice work! :D

I'm still waiting for my Police Certificate to come back, then I'll be submitting. Although I'm going to try to hold off submitting the CIC stuff until my girlfriend does (I have 52 days remaining), so that our LOIs have roughly the same date on them - we want as long as possible to save money.

I think that 2014 should be the year of the first international mini meet ;)

Associate
Work Permit Approved!

I AM IN!!!!

POE Introduction letter Mar-4-2013 05:59:03 PM ET
Submission Confirmation Feb-21-2013 02:14:19 PM ET

Bloody hell that was rapid! What happened to the 2 month wait?!

My submission confirmation is dated Feb-24-2013 07:59:40 PM ET.

So in theory, I should have my introduction letter pretty soon. :cool:

Soldato
Nice McD, I bet that's a relief!

13 days to go for us until we leave! We have so much to do!

Still waiting for the IEC to update, I sent them the letter through MyMessages too.

It is a relief, but my friend coming with me missed the first batch because he was at work, and the 2nd batch but I tried for him that time but servers were hammered and he missed out - luckily I got as far as getting the Kompass account so all his stuff is ready just need to hit submit tomorrow and pay fees for him.

Our flights are April 3rd (4 weeks today!) but we are spending 3months in the USA first :)

Associate
Just logged in to Kompass to make sure I'm all set for the 3pm madness, and the 'IEC Category' area now has a cross in it whereas before it was 'Complete'?

Message in that section now states "The 2013 International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative with UNITED KINGDOM - Working holiday is closed. The quota for 2013 is full and we are not accepting new applications."

Does this mean that's it for working holidays this year, or is this just a placeholder message until it opens for round 3? Be gutted if I miss out after the farce of the last attempt the other week! :(

Associate
Just logged in to Kompass to make sure I'm all set for the 3pm madness, and the 'IEC Category' area now has a cross in it whereas before it was 'Complete'?

Message in that section now states "The 2013 International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative with UNITED KINGDOM - Working holiday is closed. The quota for 2013 is full and we are not accepting new applications."

Does this mean that's it for working holidays this year, or is this just a placeholder message until it opens for round 3? Be gutted if I miss out after the farce of the last attempt the other week! :(

On the website it still says

"Round three of the IEC will be launching March 7th. Please be aware that we expect significant demand for the third and final round."

"3rd Round quota: 2,350
Opening: 07/03/2013"

So fingers crossed for you it should still be going ahead as usual :)

Associate
This is ridiculous - I have managed to Submit and got a WTN, is that enough to reserve me a spot? Only 10 left already apparently but I have nothing in My Messages about payment etc?!?!

Soldato
This is ridiculous - I have managed to Submit and got a WTN, is that enough to reserve me a spot? Only 10 left already apparently but I have nothing in My Messages about payment etc?!?!

Does it take a while for the payment information to arrive? Am hoping their system is just so snowed under that it hasn't arrived yet and I can still proceed!

Yes, don't panic :)

If you've received a WTN then your place is "provisionally reserved", pending payment.

And yes, it may take a few hours for payment information to come through.

Back
Top Bottom