• I don't drink tea because I lost my balls in a game of netball

Votes: 15 4.5%
  • Coffee because I don't like the taste of soggy bags of any variety

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Jacksons is running low, picked these up whilst doing groceries:

rps20130306_215428_269.jpg

I don't know what difference unbleached bags makes but the tea is a stronger colour, tastes similar to Jacksons, both have nicer flavour than PG though :)

Soldato
Drink loads of different loose tea that I buy from a local tea shop, they sell very good high quality TGFOP grades teas etc, but if I need a quick bag I use Tea Pigs which is loose tea in a pyramid bag, really good quality bags but very expensive (£10 for 50 bags)

Man of Honour
I have to say Williamson Afternoon tea above is superb. Rich in flavour and has that warm feeling to it. Perfect after a day's work or early in the evening. Expensive at £3 a box of 50 though :/

Capodecina
Soldato
Loose leaf green or white tea only. Get my stuff from the Chinese Tea House down in Neal St in Covent Garden.

Temple of Heaven is my choice for green, and Lin Yun White Downy for white.

Oh and the occasional bubble tea.

Soldato
I only seem to drink Earl or Lady Grey at home, I tried Lapsang Souchong a while back and didn't like it at all, ended up in the bin.

I bit the bullet today and got some more varietes hoping I'd like them, so far had Chai and Assam, very nice.

20130501_222734.jpg

Soldato
Any iced tea fans? Or is that considered heresy in these parts?

Just made a batch of lemon iced tea and I must say it turned out quite well, tastes like the bottled Lipton stuff you can buy. Most refreshing on these warmer days, though not exactly diabeetus friendly.

Soldato
I do like iced tea :) How did you make yours? I usually just buy Lipton, but would be nice to make my own.

I think for diabetics it would be fine to substitute the sugar with something like Splenda?

Dead easy to make, i just boiled 4pints of water in a pan, took it off the heat and added 2 ordinary tea bag and left it for an hour and 20 mins with the lid on. Took the teabags out (without squeezing them) added 3/4 cup of sugar and the juice of 3 lemons, stir well and refrigerate. Its all gone now though :(

Edit - yeah you could use sweetener but recipe reviews say most leave an aftertaste.

Associate
Dead easy to make, i just boiled 4pints of water in a pan, took it off the heat and added 2 ordinary tea bag and left it for an hour and 20 mins with the lid on. Took the teabags out (without squeezing them) added 3/4 cup of sugar and the juice of 3 lemons, stir well and refrigerate. Its all gone now though :(

Edit - yeah you could use sweetener but recipe reviews say most leave an aftertaste.

Sounds lush :) Will try it...when (if) the sun is back out again!

Back
Top Bottom