*** The Official FIFA 13 Thread ***

Soldato
I've found UP Falcao to be average at best in my La Liga team but he did score a bullet header from outside the box for me in his first game so I will give him the benefit of the doubt! :D

Soldato
1:1 isn't that fantastic, someone has to score and the average Fifa player isn't the best defender :p Falcao just isn't quick, strong or tall. His best stats are finishing and heading but for some reason anyone can score from anywhere in 13 so shooting stats are pretty irrelevant and he never wins headers because he's 5'9.

Soldato
Falcao is very good its just that his lack of pace makes it difficult to speed away from players but his 5 star weak foot makes up for it. Just purchased IF Busquet to replace my IF Medel. Have i done the right thing?

My striker stats:

Cavani = 93 games 122 goals
Torres = 95 games 125 goals
Falcao = 16 games 18 goals

Soldato
There's an upcoming "FUTunited" tournament so that might have something to do with it?

I reckon Kerzakhov was the difference between the 1st game and 2nd btw, seemed very dangerous.

Caporegime
There's an upcoming "FUTunited" tournament so that might have something to do with it?

I reckon Kerzakhov was the difference between the 1st game and 2nd btw, seemed very dangerous.

Yeah Kerzhakov is my favourite gold striker from that league, he has really good movement in the final third and always seems to be available for a pass, has an amazing shot too. :)

Soldato
1:1 isn't that fantastic, someone has to score and the average Fifa player isn't the best defender :p Falcao just isn't quick, strong or tall. His best stats are finishing and heading but for some reason anyone can score from anywhere in 13 so shooting stats are pretty irrelevant and he never wins headers because he's 5'9.

For you maybe - he's been beastly in the air for me. In fact one game recently which springs to mind he scored a hat trick of headers :p.

1:1 is pretty decent. All of my strikers are roughly 1:1 (play with two in each team) so he doesn't stick out at all as being bad. I find Benzema slightly better overall but I use them both so it's not a yes/no choice between the two of them.

There's more to UT than pace, strength and height although I do agree that depending how you play those things can help... a lot. :p

Last edited:
Pet Northerner
Don
Hi guys,

after a couple of years off I've finally decided to get back into FIFA properly, and have given the Ultimate team mode a go....

The whole thing blows my mind, so many things to do! (which is a good thing).

I've played a few games and done the manager tasks and have 2-3k coins. Now is it better to start by buying bronze packs / players or go straight for the gold stuff? If anyone has a reliable beginners guide i'd appreciate it :)

Good game so far, I can already kiss my weekend goodbye

Bri

Bri

Soldato
Don't buy packs with your coins (at this stage), use your coins to buy gold players. Make sure to buy then in the correct formation & position to increase your chem.

Back
Top Bottom