Moving to Canada for 12 months - IEC Working Holiday Visa

Soldato
Guys a few things:

If you got a WTN you are golden, just wait for the next email which can take upwards of 4 hours or more to come through, also I think the reason they went so fast is people re logged in and the Submit button was still there so some people got more then 1 WTN number through panic!

XD

Associate
Yeah, they've flown out this time :eek:

When/where are you planning on going?

I suppose a lot of people were in my position - everything filled out and just had to hit Submit. Still took 10 minutes to log in even on work connection.

I am not planning on going until early next year if I get accepted, aiming to continue saving until then so I have a nice amount tucked away, then head off. I have a few friends over in Canada from my year in Australia, so would be nice to catch up with them. Will probably fly to Vancouver and try to find some work initially, try and keep the trip mainly funded on money earned there if possible. If everything works out as planned I should have a year in New Zealand available afterwards if I feel like it, but who knows.

How about yourself, do you have some concrete plans laid out or just aiming to see where things take you?

Soldato
I suppose a lot of people were in my position - everything filled out and just had to hit Submit. Still took 10 minutes to log in even on work connection.

I am not planning on going until early next year if I get accepted, aiming to continue saving until then so I have a nice amount tucked away, then head off. I have a few friends over in Canada from my year in Australia, so would be nice to catch up with them. Will probably fly to Vancouver and try to find some work initially, try and keep the trip mainly funded on money earned there if possible. If everything works out as planned I should have a year in New Zealand available afterwards if I feel like it, but who knows.

How about yourself, do you have some concrete plans laid out or just aiming to see where things take you?

Sounds good :) I'm planning on heading out next year with my girlfriend - we're both holding off on submitting our stage 2 applications (well, we're both waiting on out police certificates still..) until as late as possible (You get 60 days) so that we have as long as possible to save.

I'm still at uni, finishing in May, so it'll give me around a year to save up the required money - same for her. We have no definite plans yet; I definitely want to be in Vancouver for the winter though, the pull of snowboarding is too much for me! We may be able to secure some seasonal work at Whistler hopefully, that'd be ideal. Apart from that, no plans really - want to see as much of the country as possible, so Toronto, Calgary, Banff, Montreal (only a visit though, as neither of us speak french that well) etc :)

Associate
Soooorted :D

POE Introduction letter Mar-7-2013 07:27:56 PM ET
Submission Confirmation Feb-24-2013 07:59:40 PM ET

The friends that I'm travelling with have all got their WTNs now so the ball is rolling!

Soldato
I've had nothing at all, been checking every message that comes into spam folder too just in case. Argh if I have missed out I am going to be so disappointed! :(

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2213183700/

I've been on this for a while, seems a few others are still waiting also - don't give up!

My friend got his email at 8:13am today he applied at like 15:10 yesterday so took like 17 or so hours

Associate
Woohoo, got my notification email and just uploaded proof of payment. Fingers crossed for the rest!

EDIT: Although, looking at processing times, if it takes 8 weeks to get my LOI I am screwed, because I turn 31 at end of the month :( But it does say 'at time application is received' on the front page - hopefully they mean the IEC application and not my fully completed main one with police certificate etc!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom