***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
I only flashed a new ROM maybe twice in total so I don't think it has anything to do with the frequency.

Got mine back in the post today, all working etc. Now just got to decide if it's worth selling it and getting a Nexus4 instead. I like the phone but hate the idea of it breaking outside of warranty. Or does the physical fix actually stop it happening again? Also worth bearing in mind the rest of the phone is in perfect condition, you can barely tell it's used.

Soldato
Huzzah! I picked my phone up today at 12pm.
They've formatted the phone, updated the software and restored it to manufacture settings.

However, in the mere 5 hours I've had my phone I've had it freeze 4 times! Each time requiring me to remove the battery and put it back in.

I'm writing an email to CPW for them to send it back and replace the motherboard. Also going to ask for an Galaxy S3 or similar while my phone is being repaired.

Bit of an update

Went to CPW today, and they've ordered me a brand new SGS3 to replace my dying one. Great customer service so far, let's just hope they see it through to the end

Soldato
It seems CPW/Samsungs initial action to fix anything is to flash the latest firmware and send it back to you. When my WiFi went wrong, they did this, I asked them to connect to their WiFi before I would sign/accept it. They couldn't, I kicked up a small fuss about wasting my time and they ordered me a new one.

Soldato
^^^ Great result if it pans out. Was your old one visually warn too?

Apart from the back, it's in pretty good condition.
With the back I remember people saying that the SGS2 had that really flexy back, thought I'd try it on my S3 and now it's got all odd banding over the back :o

Will take a picture tomorrow to show!

Associate
Did the 4.2.1 release have lock screen widgets?

I've been on CM10.1 for so long I'm used to it now :p

I always though cm was a little bit dirty but tried it this morning... Might keep it for a bit, its pretty good!!

Whats the best alternative for polaris viewer for cm10.1? Just need it for viewing pdf's and doc files really, not editing.

Soldato
I had an idea about what I can do with my new phone.
I'm thinking about selling it unopened and then just buying an S4 whenever they come out.

Might cost me a £150 but will probably be worth it

Soldato
I always though cm was a little bit dirty but tried it this morning... Might keep it for a bit, its pretty good!!

Whats the best alternative for polaris viewer for cm10.1? Just need it for viewing pdf's and doc files really, not editing.

CM dirty?! It's as close to stock Android without being stock :p

As for pdf's, can Googe Docs/Drive view them?

Associate
Yeah, It just felt a bit dirty, like you had an S3 then abandoned the OS tweaked specifically for it :o I am quite liking cm10.1 though so think it will stay for a bit.

Google drive does indeed open files, but was looking for something system wide so i can open stuff off the memory card and from dropbox. Polaris on the sammy roms is perfect but can't find anything like it for AOSP. Tried restoring it from a backup of a sammy rom but it, unsurprisingly FC's.

Associate
Oh fail. Woke up this morning to notice a cracked glass on the top edge of the glass surrounding the screen of my s3! Bits of glass are coming off too! :(

What a fail, anyone know where I can get the glass replaced? The screen itself is fine so far.

Associate
Here you go lads, what should I do!:(

2sbopki.jpg

I did not drop it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom