*** Images of Items or Services Purchased in March 2013 ***

Associate
Hi Guys

Just thought I would share my new toy with you

Its an Acer S7 with an Intel i5 processor & 128Gb SSD

Chris

My God, could that look any more like an MBA :/

Soldato
Nice Chris. I'd feel better if you moved the drink a bit further away, though. I once totalled a laptop by knocking a mug of tea on it. The laptop wasn't mine, either...

Associate
Hi Edrof its okay the mug was empty :)

HumbleCoder yes the photo does make it look similar but in the flesh there are some major differences.

Chris

Associate
Some deliveries today

P1040567_zpscd677430.jpg

-Lawnmower, not stopped raining since I ordered it!
-Barley straw to clear the Algae in my pond
-Brooks Adrenaline GTS13 running shoes
-Galaxy S3 2nd hand
-Spare batteries and memory cards for S3
-Cheap Sony noise cancelling headphones

Got yet more batteries to come as I'm flying to Australia next week for 8 days and its 1day 13hrs of travelling each way in economy. A phone full of movies and games might just keep me sane.

Associate
How much are bumpers going for these days? Mine needs a new rear one (cracked it along the top after a reversed into something :() and could probably use a new front one too as there are scuffs on the front caused by the previous owner. Last time I looked though, it wasn't cheap even before getting them sprayed.

Nine seasons too many.

Around £20 to £60 second hand, if you are lucky to find a matching colour one on ebay

Man of Honour
Got yet more batteries to come as I'm flying to Australia next week for 8 days and its 1day 13hrs of travelling each way in economy. A phone full of movies and games might just keep me sane.

I did exactly the same thing, collected a huge pile of laptop batteries to give me 24 hours of battery life on a flight to Australia.

I ended up using the laptop for about 2 hours tops. There is just way too much stuff to watch on the IFE :p

Associate
I've been caught out on long haul flights before. I once did 18hrs with only a paperback after the IFE broke after 20 mins. Even if I don't use it I always make sure I can entertain myself these days.

Didn't have any choice over flights and flying with Quantas. On the plus side I have short legs so I don't get too crushed to death ever time the ****** in front reclines their seat into me.(why do economy seats even recline? there's not enough room for it)

Associate

Ooh didn't know season 9 was on DVD yet. Off to hunt the interwebs!

(Mind you, still haven't actually opened the season 1 - 8 boxset from Christmas.)

EDIT - not released till June 24th on region 2?? Where'd you get yours from Cosimo?

Last edited:
Soldato
Another reason choosing Cathay pacific, the seats are like buckets, you slide and they provide the gradient but the rear don't recline.

Unfortunately I'm flying BA this year, as CP is like £100 more.

I flew with Air New Zealand to HK two weeks ago and just came back today on Cathy Air. Even though I am impressed with the tech and the entertainment on the way back (Power socket, USB port, widescreen tele and lot of nice films to watch) the seat and leg room on New Zealand was just amazing, its like being in business class but tt wasn't!

Soldato
I flew with Air New Zealand to HK two weeks ago and just came back today on Cathy Air. Even though I am impressed with the tech and the entertainment on the way back (Power socket, USB port, widescreen tele and lot of nice films to watch) the seat and leg room on New Zealand was just amazing, its like being in business class but tt wasn't!

That's interesting, I did consider flying to HK with Air NZ previously. What was the entertainment like on Aiz NZ?

Back
Top Bottom