***** Official Football Manager 13 Thread *****

Soldato
You've found it super cheap for £11. The best I could manager was £21 but that was 1 month ago. I don't mind because I've easily had my money's worth out of it already :)

Soldato
You've found it super cheap for £11. The best I could manager was £21 but that was 1 month ago. I don't mind because I've easily had my money's worth out of it already :)

Currently on GMG at £15, with the discount code it's £12.

I also had just over £1 credit on there from a few months back which I had forgotten about, so I used that! :D

Soldato
OP
Well the Bishops Stortford have gone too far save has gone too far and I have lost inspiration for a few weeks to sort out everyones contract properly. (sad reason to stop playing really)

Instead I have a save just before winning the league where I walk into the Arsenal job and though it would be fun to walk out after 2 weeks and then wait for Saints to become free! So I now have a future save where Saints are suck like FM12 in the champ and need someone to make them amazing... :D sort of a fun challenge before I turn Bishops Stortford into a world force!

Associate
Football manager

Okay i really love football games and ive really wanted to play a football manager game so i can manage a team but my friend tryed to teach me to play either 11 or 12 football manager and it just was to complicated and didnt understand a thing and im normally quick and learning a game, im wondering is football manager 13 easier to use? like no to complicated for new user's

Associate
the tutorials get better but the games them selves get more complex. But the new game has Classic mode which will clean out some of the convoluted systems making it a lot easier to learn and faster to play.

Man of Honour
I feel your pain /\ :D Sort of! I just got offered the job at Manchester City! But I turned them down - they wanted to title challenge, and they were in 5th spot, 18 points off the lead, with only 4 months till end of season. No chance!

I've run into a bit of a problem - I am high-flying now, and have a transfer budget of £44 million. lol.. But I can't spend it! Everyone who I want to bid for wants stupid money, and I can't afford it! I don't know what to do. I need to strengthen my squad, but I can't afford to waste it on younglings as my club does not really have the infrastructure to develop them. I need some maturity in the team. But £65 million for a single player wtf?

Associate
Going to start a fresh new game as Villa. Feel a bit sorry for them at the moment in real life, so thought I might give them a go and see if I can manage a bit better than they are doing at the moment.

Just actually playing Bent is going to make a difference, I hope!

Soldato
Running into problems with my Harrogate team too. Just been promoted to the Championship and I'm struggling to sign players as the chairman won't relax the salary caps. This despite the sudden influx of £4m through TV deals and sponsors.

We already have a stupidly low wage budget, but this is stopping me from renewing contracts to keep our best players as well. They are going to leave for nothing in 12 months time :(

Wage budget is 60k with max salary of 3.5k !!!

Associate
anyone have any tips for director of football? My experience so far in lower leagues is that they are a waste of wage budget. I like to take control of everything but thus far he's done nothing at all to shift players I can't sell myself.

Associate
Second season as wolves i come 2nd in the prem! third season i come come 3rd with 85 points.... since when doesnt 85 points win you the league apart from both chelsea and mancity being on 91 and manc winning it for the 4th time in a row. fourth season and im going to get the sack, no decent players i could afford to replace the old timers, jay rodriguez and abel hernandez suck so much i cant believe it, im not scoring and conceding so many goals from the wings either by wingers cutting inside and scoring or them having pinpoint crossing. My midfielders cant handle a passing move anymore and keep causing trouble for outselves by giving it away cheaply. The whole team sucks even though they are 10 times better than my first season in the prem. milner, bressan, henrikson, huddleston and joe allen all suck. i have Stoch on the left wing who score some or just doesnt want to cross it even though his crossing is on high! and loses the ball so i concede on a counter. wellington nem has gone from player of the season 3 times in a row to constantly getting 5.5 or lower. Im honestly stumped and considering resigning.

Man of Honour
Running into problems with my Harrogate team too. Just been promoted to the Championship and I'm struggling to sign players as the chairman won't relax the salary caps. This despite the sudden influx of £4m through TV deals and sponsors.

We already have a stupidly low wage budget, but this is stopping me from renewing contracts to keep our best players as well. They are going to leave for nothing in 12 months time :(

Wage budget is 60k with max salary of 3.5k !!!

Yes this is difficult. I have been in this situation too - the best thing to do is to negotiate with your players and BEFORE you walk away you need to ask them to lower their wage demands. This does work occasionally, but not always. I've kept my star striker for half his salary doing this. You're probably best to wait until 6 months before you attempt this, as they start to get desperate. Don't forget that domestic teams will not be able to poach your players until the last few months of their contract expring, but foreign teams WILL approach your foreign players as soon as they can (providing they are worth it of course). So keep an eye on them.

Your best bet will be free transfers with low salary demands. They do exist but you need to dig them out. Get a few - at least you can sell them on afterwards if they don't work out.

anyone have any tips for director of football? My experience so far in lower leagues is that they are a waste of wage budget. I like to take control of everything but thus far he's done nothing at all to shift players I can't sell myself.

Yeah, I wouldn't bother in the lower leagues. If you get a DOF you need a multi-talented one and they are expensive.

Soldato
As above, the new FM13 has the classic mode which is a hell of a lot easier, you literally buy your players, set your formations and thats about it really...and is on sale for £15 on steam right now...no reason not to get it :D

Even in the full fat mode, play a season with a team like Man Utd / Barcalona, you can get to grips with things, but the team itself can near enough run on autopilot...if not, get your AM to do more stuff, and once you start getting the hang of it, tka ea thing back off him at a time :)

Soldato
The assistant manager makes it a lot easier but beware if you decide to start in a lower league - the advice they give and decisions they make is heavily influenced by their skill. In low leagues, the advice will be complete crap sometimes and just make things worse :p

Associate
Managed to get 7th spot, sell half my team and buy in a bunch of new guys, got borini to cause competition with roddy and abel, a LB, RB, two CB and a new goalie. Problem being my scouts are rubbish or my assman is an idiot, scouts say 3 and half to 4 and a half stars so i buy them then my assman gives them 3 stars..

Soldato
OP
I feel your pain /\ :D Sort of! I just got offered the job at Manchester City! But I turned them down - they wanted to title challenge, and they were in 5th spot, 18 points off the lead, with only 4 months till end of season. No chance!

I've run into a bit of a problem - I am high-flying now, and have a transfer budget of £44 million. lol.. But I can't spend it! Everyone who I want to bid for wants stupid money, and I can't afford it! I don't know what to do. I need to strengthen my squad, but I can't afford to waste it on younglings as my club does not really have the infrastructure to develop them. I need some maturity in the team. But £65 million for a single player wtf?

Yeah that's what happened to me, 10 years in and transfer prices have gone nuts, there's no way to feasibly buy good players at the right prices without having to buy up silly amounts of kids or be one of the massive teams.

Just can't bring my self to go through the mega wage inflation game and get people on silly 70k a week wages.... (so mucking about with my dream team is more fun)

Sack him and don't appoint another, you can get the chairman to do the touting players thing and everything else is improved by a good head of youth...

Soldato
Just purchased this for £14.99 on Steam.

Last one I played was 2011 I think. I normally start with Liverpool as that's who I support, but may go for a local team. Choices are:
Norwich
Ipswich
Colchester
Peterborough

Or go for a bottom league team?

Man of Honour
Yeah that's what happened to me, 10 years in and transfer prices have gone nuts, there's no way to feasibly buy good players at the right prices without having to buy up silly amounts of kids or be one of the massive teams.

Just can't bring my self to go through the mega wage inflation game and get people on silly 70k a week wages.... (so mucking about with my dream team is more fun)

I'm 2024 now. Lots of regens, some good ones too but I can't afford the best of them. I am one of the 'massive' teams now, the 10th richest in the world. But transfer inflation is a massive problem - is this realistic? Is it a bug? Some players salaries are like £170k per week. I don't know if this is for real, I don't follow the game much. I must admit, it's only what I would consider the best players whose salaries are over inflated but even if I approach a mediocre player they want a ridiculous wage for their ability. Is it just because I've become one of the mega clubs? They think they can ask whatever they want.

I think I'm going to have to invest in the future of the club and buy some young guns. I think it's ridiculous to spend £60 million on a single player when I could buy half a dozen for the same amount. It will just take my club a serious amount of time to develop them :(

Back
Top Bottom