Lmao at Origin

Associate
Well in a press release they said they would offer refunds to anyone who wanted one. So not following that through is wrong?

Also the fact is the game is unplayable and I am perfectly in my right to request a refund.

Company policy > "Press Release" aka some forum post about something unrelated to the digital product.

If you brought a DRM infested game from EA it is your fault, people never seem to learn, give them a few months then play it when all is good, EA always release unfinished products.

Soldato
OP
Also the worst part is she should have escalated it to someone more senior, rather than just disconnect the chat, when I was perfectly in my right to request a refund even if she wasn't able to process it.

Soldato
OP
Second CS Assistant said she couldn't do anything but has passed it on.

Veronica
I understand your frustration over this issue, I have forwarded your case to our Account and Billing Support. They will arrange a call back within the next 7 days.

Soldato
He will need it.

I and many others have played the game, granted there have been some issues but the only problem I came across were full servers which EA are attempting to rectify.

The biggest issue is Always-On DRM. I mean requiring an Internet connection to play a single player game. Dumbest thing in the history of computer games and EA repeating past mistakes (anybody say Spore?)

Soldato
OP
So the game is unplayable, yet the servers are always full? Does not compute.

1. The Game crashes in SLI and Xfire Configurations before you even connect to a Server.

2. You have to wait an hour or more to rejoin the server that your saved game was on, even if it was just your region. It's more of an MMO now..

Soldato
Well in a press release they said they would offer refunds to anyone who wanted one. So not following that through is wrong?

Also the fact is the game is unplayable and I am perfectly in my right to request a refund.

Not being funny mate, but she acted the way she did because for one she clearly isn't in a position to give refunds, and would have been disciplined/fired if she did, and two, most people in your position would start to get abusive so good on her for closing the session. The EA live chat isn't for refunds neither, you will have to ring them up or E-Mail their CS (or both) and you'll be pointed towards the right department.

Oh, and why not just wait until the game is patched and SLI doesn't crash it, or better yet disable one of your cards until it's fixed?

Soldato
OP
Not being funny mate, but she acted the way she did because for one she clearly isn't in a position to give refunds, and would have been disciplined/fired if she did, and two, most people in your position would start to get abusive so good on her for closing the session. The EA live chat isn't for refunds neither, you will have to ring them up or E-Mail their CS (or both) and you'll be pointed towards the right department.

Oh, and why not just wait until the game is patched and SLI doesn't crash it, or better yet disable one of your cards until it's fixed?

The fact I find it hilarious was because she just ended the chat rather than point me in the direction to go to take it further. The Second CS representative I spoke to ( bottom of 1st page in this thread) actually passed it over to Accounts and Billing and told me a Call Back had been arranged. Why couldn't CS number 1 do this?

The Global Community Manager said go to the live Origin chat to get a refund which is what I did. I have had refunds from it before for several different products and for different reasons.

Why should I disable my configuration because they can't QA properly. I played the Beta and Xfire and SLI worked fine in it.

Associate
Most people who responded are unfair to the OP.
He's not asking for compensation, just a refund. The CS representative should know how to manage such requests, which are entirely reasonable when goods are not of satisfactory quality. Simples!

Back
Top Bottom