*** Images of Items or Services Purchased in March 2013 ***

Caporegime
These actually look useful, where from if I may ask?

Also to re-do them, could you try the chocolate cooking method with a saucepan and a bowl of water on top so you don't burn/melt the plastic?

This is how it works from wiki

Supersaturated solution (crystallization-type)
Crystallisation types of hand warmer generate heat through the exothermic crystallisation of supersaturated solutions (typically sodium acetate) and are usually reusable. These can be recharged by immersing the hand-warmer in very hot water until the contents are uniformly fluid and then allowing it to cool. The release of heat is triggered by flexing a small metal disk in the pad, which generates nucleation centers that initiate crystallisation. Heat is required to dissolve the salt in its own water of crystallisation and it is this heat that is released when crystallisation is initiated.[3] (More can be found here.)
This type typically has a shorter heat duration of 20 minutes to 2 hours

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_warmer

I got it here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Magic-Gel-R...4IJ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363183943&sr=8-1

This one is large enough to last about an hour, more solution inside the packet the longer it last. It would come in useful watching football from the stand. carry two with you, one for each half. I am definitely going to put a couple in the car in case of break down.

I have tested them at lunch time and it got nice and toasty (54c apparently) and everyone in the office was impressed and they all want it now. Even the person muck me about buying it yesterday has been completely won over. It's only £3 and totally reusable, just boil them in water with a towel at the bottom it says. Or I might do a bowl sunken inside the saucepan.

Associate
I would say give CAD a shot, the Players are developing quite nicely IMO, and it doesn't matter what other webcomics have done, wait and see what CAD does with Ethan, Lucas and all of the others, perhaps it'll turn out great :)

I can't get on with the new comics but then I didn't enjoy the players before either. I do think he trapped himself into a corner by making the comic so serious at times, which I didn't often enjoy.

Associate
My new wired keyboard and mouse, Finally had enough of wireless.

2013_03_13_16_50_59.jpg

£9 for the keyboard Gigabyte K6800 and £7.95 for the mouse Zalman M300

Last edited:
Associate
img0493by.jpg

Crappy picture I know but it's dark so I couldn't do any better.

Logitech G500 gaming mouse from OcUK.

It was a bit bigger than what I expected (that's what she said), plus the ergonomic shape is a bit weird. I've always used supermarket ambidextrous mice which is why it will take a while to get used to.

Very comfortable grip, the buttons are a nice addition. My first mouse with additional buttons so that will take a while to get used to as well. I haven't really played any games yet and to be honest I can't think of anything I would use the additional buttons for yet.

Soldato
img0493by.jpg

Crappy picture I know but it's dark so I couldn't do any better.

Logitech G500 gaming mouse from OcUK.

It was a bit bigger than what I expected (that's what she said), plus the ergonomic shape is a bit weird. I've always used supermarket ambidextrous mice which is why it will take a while to get used to.

Very comfortable grip, the buttons are a nice addition. My first mouse with additional buttons so that will take a while to get used to as well. I haven't really played any games yet and to be honest I can't think of anything I would use the additional buttons for yet.

Teamspeak, melee, grenades. weapon switch and stuff like that are useful.

The G500 is extremely comfortable once your hand get used to it.

Associate
You recommend them? Looking for a decent mouse, and a keyboard wouldn't go amiss.

Actually they aren't that bad yes they are cheap but they don't look or feel cheap. The keyboard is a media keyboard as I was looking to keep that layout and im not really keen on all these new ones with all the fancy layouts. The mouse is good too it has a DPI switch button so you can change the sensitivity without the need to go into control panel all the time. It has a auto fire button but I haven't really found any use for it yet. The only thing that im not too keen on is the left and right mouse buttons they don't have much grip seems they went for a polished look on the plastic and is a bit slippery when your fingers sweat. Other than that for the price I would recommend them both.

Just one thing though they don't come with software so haven't found a way to change button mapping as they use standard windows drivers.

Associate
The device or the support :p?

The device - the screen looks like that.. doesn't work.

I've seen a few of the Nexus 7's with screen issues and not working after battery drain. My brother got one cheap as someone had issue with no display and battery charging problem. I did a Google search and it seem that the battery connector inside wasn't pushed in far enough, so unless this is something that has happened due to a bad connector or its there way of getting more money out of people either way I took the cover off and just pushed it back in it now fully charged and no more problems with the screen.

Back
Top Bottom