*** League of Legends ***

Associate
Anyone who mains Junglers in here?

I've just recently starting playing junglers and it's mighty fun (Volibear :D), but one thing I'm not sure of is the whole thing behind counter jungling and timing of buffs.

I know blue and red spawn at 5min intervals, dragon 6mins and baron 7mins. Should I be timing these so either myself or the AP mid/ADC gets these buffs without delay?

Should I be warding the opposing teams blue & red?

Soldato
Anyone who mains Junglers in here?

I've just recently starting playing junglers and it's mighty fun (Volibear :D), but one thing I'm not sure of is the whole thing behind counter jungling and timing of buffs.

I know blue and red spawn at 5min intervals, dragon 6mins and baron 7mins. Should I be timing these so either myself or the AP mid/ADC gets these buffs without delay?

Should I be warding the opposing teams blue & red?

It all comes down to positioning with counter jungling. For instance you see their jungler gank bot lane and your not in a position to come in and counter gank, you can make your way into his jungle and steal some camps safely because you know he is bottom.

With buffs it's a case of timing what you can, the crucial time I find is 7:20 when both teams' blue respawns, be very aware of where their jungler could be at this time and be ready to defend your blue or steal his if you notice he is caught out of position ganking.

Basically jungling is completely about map awareness, I find myself positioning my camera on my lanes to see how they are doing rather then watching my own hero while clearing out my camps.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey LoL Community,

My name is DG Proxeum, I'm team captain and play mid for DG Flash, we were previously known as HIVE EU, but due to us changing gaming communities we decided to create a new team.

What I'm looking for is possible scrim partners, in the range of silver V - Gold I.

We aim to have this a regular thing, every Saturday from 7pm GMT+0 onward.

When scrimming with us you can join our team speak as a guest to discuss the games we played, discussing what could be improved and what we had done good by both teams.

If you would like any additional information please don't hesitate to post here.

Please add me in game on DG Proxeum if interested.

Cheers.

This is a copy from the LoL EUW forums that i posted, if anyones interested let me know.

Associate
Finished my placement series, Bronze I :(

Went 5 wins 5 losses (not in that order) and can't help but feel like a fair few toxic players and afkers messed it all up for me. Was hoping for low Silver ultimately. Fortunately I've strung a few wins together and am at 64 points now in my league, so a few more and I can try and promote myself up to Silver.

I mainly play ADC, which I am starting to feel is one of the worst roles for soloq as I have to rely on a decent support to even the scores bot lane, along with the rest of my team from letting bruisers fondle me in teamfights. This might be a placebo effect but would anyone agree that perhaps ADC isn't the best soloq choice? I know there's plenty I can do to keep myself safe, which I of course do to the best of my ability, but there are a ton of front line bruiser/tanks that can close a 600~ range gap without too much trouble! XD

Associate
ADC is perfectly fine for carrying up in solo queue, you just have to be safe in lane and make sure you know how to position yourself in fights.

Often your team will do stupid things, but if you are always at the back being careful you'll get to put out so much damage that it should swing most fights in your favour at that rating.

If you get kills in your lane and the opportunity is there, drop a pink on dragon and take it. Getting a few dragon kills for your team gives such a gold boost that it really helps your team snowball. Most opponents don't really factor in the dragon or tower gold when they are assessing the risks of fighting somebody, they only look at kills (or they don't look at all).

Soldato
I don't like what they're doing to Karma. They're replacing the most unique and different character in LoL with genericness. Sure she will be stronger but I like the fact that Karma is weaker than most champs. LoL has terrible variety compared to Dota and you can see exactly why with Riot's thought process in the Karma rework AMA on reddit.

I hope she remains my favourite champ when the rework is out.

Soldato
I have a couple of questions

If i was to play ranked now how does it work ?

Like don't you play some qualifying games and then it decides what league to put you in ?

And also, does last hitting minions give more XP than if the minions died from either another minion or turret ?

Associate
How do you guys deal with players who are always out of position? It's the one thing I'm finding frustrating in ranked. I can deal with people not being great but when It's constantly 4v5 because someone face checked the enemy jungle I find it hard to deal with. If they have bad positioning should I be following them so it's at least 5v5 when they get caught or am I right to just leave them to die?

Associate
How do you guys deal with players who are always out of position? It's the one thing I'm finding frustrating in ranked. I can deal with people not being great but when It's constantly 4v5 because someone face checked the enemy jungle I find it hard to deal with. If they have bad positioning should I be following them so it's at least 5v5 when they get caught or am I right to just leave them to die?

They're probably too stubborn to ward themselves. If they keep getting caught out of position I think the best you can do for their and your teams sake is just ward for them.
Is your team behind? Ward all your jungle entrances and red and blue bush. So when your stray teammate want's to go kill the wraiths all by himself even though your inner towers are down, he will hopefully notice the enemy team stomping through your jungle.

Is he solo top during the laning phase and keeps pushing to the tower with no river wards? Ward for him. If you are the jungler and he keeps getting caught, forget about him, drop a ward up there, gank the other lanes instead and get your mid ahead. Once your suicidal teammate has died 3 or so times he's not worth any gold anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
Demoted back from Bronze I to Bronze III :(
The only way left to have fun in ranked at this level is to call a lane and stick to it. Often get reported for trolling but so what.
Every time I end up support, the ADC sucks, so im not going to support anymore, ever, no matter how much I get reported for trolling.
/rant again

Soldato
So after going on a win streak (despite having to troll pick), I reach a promotion series and get begged to go support.
What happens? ADC has 25 farm after 20 mins, our Jungle went AFK, and our top went into a sulk because he wanted to play Pantheon mid but we said no, so fed their Morde.

/sigh

Associate
kinda gave up on the ranked element for now, (was adc before btw when the support told me to stop last hitting and focus on champs* fml* ) aha, last game i had i just let people whinge and choose there own positions then went support taric and carried my quinn through the game, she called me "best support everrrrrr" which was nice, .. i don't really like supporting but i'm not bad at it, i just generally get a stupid adc who has no clue :( i main amumu in jungle, and i cant remember the last time i lost a game with him, but when it comes to ranked he's first ban evvvvvverygame -_- which is annoying lol

Soldato
So after going on a win streak (despite having to troll pick), I reach a promotion series and get begged to go support.
What happens? ADC has 25 farm after 20 mins, our Jungle went AFK, and our top went into a sulk because he wanted to play Pantheon mid but we said no, so fed their Morde.

/sigh

Welcome to my world. 4 promo trials and each one has been ruined by a leaver/troll/feeder. meh

- GP

Back
Top Bottom