All these 5 inch phones coming out....

Soldato
800x480 screen, 45nm 1.2GHz cortex A9 and two year old plastic design? All for £300+? lol Samsung fanboys... :D (Even the £120 Lumia 620 has a 28nm Krait)

The HOS has been downgraded to the SV, the Xperia P died too quickly for a speced up replacement and they didn't bother bringing the superb Xperia V over here. The Razr I is good but needs a spec refresh.
In 2013 we should be seeing good mid range Android phones with....

4.3" 720p screen.
1.7Ghz dual core Krait or ~1Ghz dual core OMAP 5 (leave the pointless ZMOG quads for flagships)
1-2GB memory. (doesn't need to be LPDDR3 like a flagship)
Modern design with minimal bezel (125mm x 60mm x 8mm)
2000mAh battery.
8MP camera with all the goodies from the 13MP flagships.

Where are they? :(

Caporegime
Associate
My Nexus 4 is really a bit of a pain to use one handed. I just can't keep my fingers fully wrapped around the device and still use my thumb to navigate the entire screen. I have to sacrifice my grip to be able to reach the top left properly. It's the width more than the height which ruins it.

I think 4.3-4.6" is the ideal size for a one handed smartphone.

Soldato
If anyone is looking for a decent midrange phone, the 4.6" Xperia SP looks pretty good. Dual core krait + Adreno 320 + 2370mAh battery seems like a beast!

Perfect specs apart from the size... It's as big as the Xperia Z and heavier (155g)

What a total waste of time designing something so similar. Ditto the Xperia L, FWVGA my ***.

Associate
Perfect specs apart from the size... It's as big as the Xperia Z and heavier (155g)

What a total waste of time designing something so similar. Ditto the Xperia L, FWVGA my ***.

The L seems quite different to the Z, it's quite clearly a more budget orientated phone. FWVGA is an odd resolution but a side from that it sounds like a solid mid range offering, especially if it is around the £250 mark.

Mid range phones running Jelly Bean is a great boon for Android IMO.

Soldato
The pointless Xperia SP is the poor man's Z, the L is just a budget Android.
It has similar specs to those £120 WP8 phones and can't compete with the Nexus 4 in the £250 range (mind you what can?)

Associate
The pointless Xperia SP is the poor man's Z, the L is just a budget Android.
It has similar specs to those £120 WP8 phones and can't compete with the Nexus 4 in the £250 range (mind you what can?)

Problem with the Nexus though is it is just too big for some people, they need something 3.5-4.2 max. Good shout on AP8 though but some of the masses still aren't familiar with it yet.

Back
Top Bottom