**B-GRADE: HOT DEALS TO BE HAD!!**

Soldato
Never buy XFX GPU's. Their customer service is god awful. Their PSU's are great though. B-Grade is only 90 days. You take the risk on b-grade. That's why it's so cheap.

Do you think buying the ocuk 680 would be safest option as the warranty would be with them?

Ps last week my friend just got refused warranty on his xfx psu the shop wouldn't take it back because it was just after a year and xfx said it could only go back to the shop.

Soldato
On my phone with barely any signal. Could someone tell me the best 7' tablet to go for? I presume theywill be fine for watching movies on? At £40 would be rude not to!

NZB

NZB

Associate
7970 for £230, 660ti for £150 and 7870 XT for £150... makes me wish i needed a new GPU but i don't :(

Caporegime
On my phone with barely any signal. Could someone tell me the best 7' tablet to go for? I presume theywill be fine for watching movies on? At £40 would be rude not to!

The Sumvision Cyclone Voyager 7" @ £49.99 :)

1.6GHz Dual Core
1GB RAM
16GB Storage
7" 800x480 capacitive touchscreen
Sturdy looking build quality and good reviews across the net :)

Last edited:
Can't type for toffee
Don
They would send it to manufacturer to replace m8

ALSO! The only reason to buy one of those DMG 27" was for the 3 year warranty with OCUK... I would get one but tbh knowing how often they die and also they most likely are full of dead pixels its a large risk.

With these it will either be dead pixels, backlight bleed or someone simply didnt like the stand tbh.

I've read they're techincally the same inside as my catleap, which is a fantastic screen.

For the price it's well worth the risk imho

Associate
27" DGM is a steal at £200, anyone on the fence should just do it, you won't regret it. No regrets having paid ~£50 more for mine from Korea a year ago.
Order a £40 Ultima tab but kind of wishing I'd gone for the Sumvision now for the much better CPU...Sumvision isn't IPS though so I'll have to see what it's like speed-wise.

Soldato
So I took a gamble and picked up a DGM 27" from the shop.

No dead pixels and all the protective coverings still on. Looks immaculate, if the box hadn't already been opened it could've been passed as new. All cables/manual present and correct. :)

Soldato
i'm really tempted by the gigabyte geforce 570 1 gig oc model at £120. would that pee all over my 6850 card and be quiet to like it says?

seems to get great reviews at £300 so £119 seems a billy bargain to me. quiet to.

needs to fit in my fractal design R3 case to but may get a bigger lighter case than that.

Last edited:
Associate
What is the deal with the condition of the graphics cards? I imagine these have been returned for various reasons, perhaps due to a loud fan or a slight rattling that occurs at certain temperatures, etc. They could still be described as 'fully working'. Is there a danger that you'd get more noisy card if you bought B-grade?

Associate
What is the deal with the condition of the graphics cards? I imagine these have been returned for various reasons, perhaps due to a loud fan or a slight rattling that occurs at certain temperatures, etc. They could still be described as 'fully working'. Is there a danger that you'd get more noisy card if you bought B-grade?

Could have been returned for anything, most likely would be that they just didn't want it, or returned it for a fault which didn't actually exist (the classic "oh no, no display" forgot to plug in the power cable or similar).
It's possible that a B grade card might be noisier or run hotter, but that's what the 14 day return policy is for :) also noisy/hot cards often just need the thermal paste re-doing.

Associate
Could have been returned for anything, most likely would be that they just didn't want it, or returned it for a fault which didn't actually exist (the classic "oh no, no display" forgot to plug in the power cable or similar).
It's possible that a B grade card might be noisier or run hotter, but that's what the 14 day return policy is for :) also noisy/hot cards often just need the thermal paste re-doing.
Fair point. Very tempted to risk one of these... my 560Ti is starting to struggle maxing stuff.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BG-318-MS&groupid=595&catid=651

Went up in price £100 in the last few hours. Real bloody pain in the ass overclockers...I was going to buy one of these for my girlfriend today. Why? One extremely peed off OCUK customer right here.
You snooze you lose I guess? Maybe they realised it was too much of a reduction.

Back
Top Bottom