*** League of Legends ***

Associate
So glad I'm not bronze tier, silver is bad enough but I don't get anywhere near the amount of trolls etc that you guys get.

Support can carry games just fine, you just gotta play a kill lane and know when you can get the kill and snowball your AD.

Associate
I know the feelings guys!

Won three in a row to get my promotion series from Bronze I to Silver V and crossed my fingers clicking the queue button. First game I get a Xin Zhao jungler who rages at myself and my supp because we didn't ward his red for him - we did stand there making sure it wasn't invaded whilst he blued, but apparently during the time we went to lane and the time he went to do it they stole it. After that it was basically gg as he fed and flamed all game, resulting in my first loss from my five game series.

Now I'm deathly afraid to click queue again in case I get the same idiots. :(

EDIT: I remember his first sentence after WTF being 'no ganks for bot, **** you guys'. So lovely.

Soldato
Lost my promo series to Silver thanks to trolls and afkers. Feels very justified. Now to grind back to 100 to repeat again! Such a terrible system...

The new system is infinitely worse then the old one.

Also Riot really need to introduce 24hour++ Bans for people who disconnect constantly, completely ruin the game when you get one or two who cant stay online.

Associate
The new system is infinitely worse then the old one.

Also Riot really need to introduce 24hour++ Bans for people who disconnect constantly, completely ruin the game when you get one or two who cant stay online.

The system is pretty much the same, except your elo is hidden and you're in a league to show your progress, just because you get trolled in your promotion games doesn't mean you wouldn't of got trolled if you were say 2/3 games away from silver elo anyway.

Soldato
Man silver sucks.

Finally get there and the standard is worse. my last few games have been shocking.

been winning games too easily and losing games in such a retarded fashion. It's a complete diceroll you get the retards or you play against them.

Soldato
Man silver sucks anyway lol

Finally get there and the standard is worse. my last few games have been shocking.

been winning games too easily and losing games in such a retarded fashion. It's a complete diceroll you get the retards or you play against them.

Associate
I much prefer the new system. Yes the the logic behind it is the same (an elo number assinged to you) but the user experience is much better now imo! Bear in mind that does not mean the gameplay; trolls, afkers etc. That is unrelated. I'm referring to the system of ranking.

Before, we simply had a number to represent our skill level/placement within the league. The number would rise and fall in increments and the only goal you could ever really have was making it go up, but there were never any milestones and achievements to satisfy you along the way.

Now I feel like I have a much better bearing of how I fit within the league, how I can move up and down and measure my performance and achievements with tiers, divisions and leagues, whatever they're called!

For example, I started in Bronze I and fought my way into Silver V. I'm now trying for the 3rd time to get into Silver IV. Each time I get closer to the promo series and into the promo series it is a HUGE DEAL and adds a lot of pressure/stress/excitement to the experience. I feel like I'm gunning for something and when I get it, it is massively satisfying.

For all I know if this was Season 2 I may have gained +100 elo as the equivalent and that's that. All of sudden that's not very exciting is it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I much prefer the new system. Yes the the logic behind it is the same (an elo number assinged to you) but the user experience is much better now imo! Bear in mind that does not mean the gameplay; trolls, afkers etc. That is unrelated. I'm referring to the system of ranking.

Before, we simply had a number to represent our skill level/placement within the league. The number would rise and fall in increments and the only goal you could ever really have was making it go up, but there were never any milestones and achievements to satisfy you along the way.

Now I feel like I have a much better bearing of how I fit within the league, how I can move up and down and measure my performance and achievements with tiers, divisions and leagues or whatever they're called!

For example, I started in Bronze I and fought my way into Silver V. I'm now trying for the 3rd time to get into Silver IV. Each time I get closer to the promo series and into the promo series it is a HUGE DEAL and adds a lot of pressure/stress/excitement to the experience. I feel like I'm gunning for something and when I get it, it is massively satisfying.

For all I know if this was Season 2 I may have gained +100 elo as the equivalent and that's that. All of sudden that's not very exciting is it.

Agreed I like the system but I think the placements aren't long enough there are a lot of bad players in silver who wouldn't get out of bronze if they were placed there... instead they just ruin silver games and bronze placement matches.

Associate

Now I feel like I have a much better bearing of how I fit within the league, how I can move up and down and measure my performance and achievements with tiers, divisions and leagues, whatever they're called!

Pretty much this, Josh explained it better than me.

Associate
Agreed I like the system but I think the placements aren't long enough there are a lot of bad players in silver who wouldn't get out of bronze if they were placed there... instead they just ruin silver games and bronze placement matches.

The amount of games until you get placed hasn't changed though, if people get to silver V and lose constantly they will be dropping to where they belong, they won't continue to play with/against silver players, the more they lose the lower there MMR goes and will start to play with people in bronze I and lower.

Associate

What are you talking about? You don't play with people from the same league as you. The system is *purely* cosmetic.

Soldato
When I say its worse then the old one, I prefer not having a goal to reach, really - as the pressure added is completely pointlessly stressful when the chances of promotion are 99% down to if you get a complete tard or the enemy do.

Sure, keep it for 5v5 but for duo/solo? the old was much better.

Back
Top Bottom