• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Solid upgrade for only $90?

Associate
Hey guys I was wondering if you think this is a pretty decent upgrade for the price... I purchased a GTX 460 (768 MB) in August of 2010 right after the card was released and have been happy with its performance overall...but that was over 2.5 years ago and I am looking for a budget minded upgrade.

I found a sale for $90 at MicroCenter thanks to a link here... for a GTX 560 Ti 1gb. I have been looking at a few comparison websites and it seems like a pretty good jump in performance. I just want you guys to weigh in, the card is "refurbished" but I don't think that matters much, I buy a ton of stuff used on eBay and would buy a gpu off of there in a heart beat if I found a good deal.

Also, what exactly is the "Ti" I know its Titanium (I think) but whats the difference b/t the GTX 560 and the 560 Ti really?

From what I have read in a short amount of time it seems like this card would be quite a boost over my current 460 and I find $90 to be quite reasonable.

Your thoughts are very appreciated, you guys will dictate whether or not I purchase one of these tomorrow morning!

Associate
I wouldn't call it quite a boost its probably ~35% faster. I personnally would want a bigger jump but obviously would spend more.

Have basicly moved frim a 1gb 460 would suggest an ati 7850 atm as there the best bang for buck atm and AMDs current promo. (wound up with a 7870 myself but 7850 is still better value)

Back on track for a easy way to compare cards try Anandtech

As for if its a good deal i won't answer as i'm not sure i will break the forum rules about
price checks outside the MM.

Soldato
Do what i did and sell the 460 and put the money towards a 2nd hand 570gtx or something worth about 130 quid 2nd hand these days as things may have changed since i did the swap around 6 months ago i think now.

Back
Top Bottom