Water-cooled mini ITX build!?

Associate
OP
Ok well I've just ordered the rads, some fans and the pump/res combo from Overclockers. I'm going to try them out for size before I buy any water-blocks or fittings etc..

I'll take photos when they're fitted and show you how it looks and see if the idea of keeping those HDD bays in was a big fail after all, lol.

Associate
OP
Not sure you can actually fit 12GB of RAM onto any ITX mobo :S

Not sure what you mean?

I have 12GB in my current system, but that's 6x2GB tri-channel modules and full ATX. My ITX will have 16GB of dual-channel.

You can't get 2x6GB memory modules if that's what you mean. You can get 16GB though in 2x8GB dual-channel modules, that's about as much as you'll get in 2 DIMMs, which is what I'm doing.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-351-CS&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=1387

Not sure how it's pertinent to this thread tho... :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Using old fans is fairly common. If you cut out the hub and clean up the plastic a bit, you get a perfectly sized 25mm thick shroud.

Not a brilliant example, but should make the point. Here's two radiators and a 38mm fan, using old 25mm fans (without the hubs) as shrouds.

1447m89.jpg

You probably don't want to stack the radiators like that.

Associate
OP
Yea I have many old fans I could use, and I get what you're saying, but my purpose is to mount the two 120mm fans externally, on the top of the case, but I don't just want two fans sticking out, I want a shroud similar to the Koolance ones to make it blend seamlessly into the design of the case. The problem is Koolance only do 3x 120mm and 2x 140mm shrouds.

Back
Top Bottom