Who here owns a Renaultsport?

Associate
Arrived home from work to this earlier...

KTRMegane2RSinductionkit_zps4f1c4c77.jpg

:D

Caporegime
My exhaust fell off as i turned into my road coming back from work, seems the bodge job didn't hold for very long (result of my off at brands hatch)! Need to try and fix it before monday, sorry mum!

Also got my letter through today for the recall, i should probably get that done asap as well as my latch IS actually broken!

Just seen this post, I should get mine checked.

Though, very very VERY stupidly I left my bonnet off the latch (well I pressed the lever) and never pushed the bonnet down about 3-4 weeks ago.

Drove 150miles before noticing! Could've been a very expensive lesson.

Hmmmm, F1s are on the car. Sprayed them Matt Black and well I thought they looked smashing, infact people commented that whoever done them for me done a good job :D

But supposedly they look ***** on the car! May get them resprayed. Be a chav and go for something daft? Honda Racing Red? Or be normal and go for a gun metal gray/bright silver?

Last edited:
Soldato
Mick did :p

Trying to fix one problem we caused a couple more. Now with all its issues I can't be bothered to throw money at it. Needs a lots of little issues fixing and a new windscreen and I don't have cover on my insurance.
Still runs and drives ok.

Associate
Fitted my K-Tec induction kit today with my Brother. It was a bit of a faff and it was freezing cold out but we persevered. Took about an hour and a half in total. Loving the noise it makes, there's loads of turbo spool and dump valve noise. Safe to say my MPG is going to suffer because of this! :D

Went out and got a few quick videos and mashed them together. :cool:

Caporegime
Looks and sounds awesome CaptainFail!

Know how you feel Skeeter, just got mine back. Thank **** I don't pay for labour, coil pack, plugs, front arm, new wheels balanced and fitted, serive and an MOT.

£170 :D

Nice to have her back, forgot how nice she is all new and serviced. Still surprises me how much she grips.

Soldato
I have a sport badge from my 182. I bought a new one to replace the tatty one that was on my car but never got round to putting it on. If anybody wants it I can send it out in the post free today. Only paid a couple of quid on ebay and was just about to bin it.

Caporegime
I'm starting to think parking my car up over winter was a bad idea. The front pads have crumbled so theres another £120 before I even get to an MOT. All the money I saved in insurance is being eaten up.

Soldato
EDIT: Answered my own question now.

For anyone else wondering, the difference between 172 Cup Turini wheels and 182 Trophy Turini wheels is the offset. 172 Cup are ET38.5, and 182 Trophy are ET45. The wheel size is the same at 7Jx16".
The difference in offset is therefore the same as putting on an 8mm spacer. Many owners of ET45 Clio's put on spacers larger than 8mm for aesthetic and brake clearance reasons. 172 Cup wheels can fit a 182 fine, and 182 Trophy wheels can fit a 172 fine.
The 172 Cup came with 195/45/16 tyres, and the 182 Trophy came with 205/45/16 tyres, but owners of both swap freely depending on cost and handling characteristics.

Important thing to note is that when running with spacers (or lower offset wheels) and 205 width tyres, you cannot lower as much. For maximum coilover y0 lowering you want ET45 offset wheels, no spacers, and 195 width tyres.

Last edited:
Associate
I've got a few bits I need to sell from my Clio... Might have to motivate myself to advertise them on cs.net at the weekend.

Anyway, I took the opportunity yesterday while my Megane was clean to get some new pictures in the nice sunset. I also spent Monday ripping the front bumper off to fit LED sidelights, chrome indictor bulbs and to adjust my passenger side headlight as it was pretty much pointing at the road. Removing the front bumper took a lot of patience! Wasn't helped by the cold weather either. Hopefully won't have to take it off again for a good while! :p

Anyway, just wanted to throw a few pictures in here! :cool:

IMG_1559_zpsd662bc9c.jpg

IMG_1561_zps2e7ce784.jpg

IMG_1562_zps5299abc4.jpg

IMG_1563_zpse84810ff.jpg

IMG_1566_zpsd5064476.jpg

IMG_1570_zpsb6ccde7b.jpg

IMG_1571_zps5410383c.jpg

IMG_1573_zps391573f1.jpg

IMG_1574_zpsde8b268b.jpg

IMG_1576_zpsa81fa79b.jpg

IMG_1578_zps3d4d6bba.jpg

IMG_1581_zpsac7eac5a.jpg

IMG_1587_zps91efbe66.jpg

I realise now I only said "a few" pictures... :p

Associate
It does! I've been put off a bit though due to reading up about lowering with a panoramic roof. One guy has Cup shocks and lowering springs with a panoramic roof however and has had no issues at all. Might invest in come Cooksport springs soon :)

Back
Top Bottom