How OCD are you when it comes to petrol?

Soldato
Never understood the mentality of filling up by £20 at a time, I guess perhaps some people just really like visiting petrol stations :confused:

I just fill it up, a couple of clicks to make sure it's actually full and that's that.

Associate
For those who keep filling even after its clicked multiple times, you shouldn't be doing it. You're filling the expansion tank as far as I know.

However I could be wrong.

Associate
For those who keep filling even after its clicked multiple times, you shouldn't be doing it. You're filling the expansion tank as far as I know.

However I could be wrong.
But if you drive straight after and burn the fuel you should be. It allows for expansion of the fuel due to weather, which shouldn't change drastically in 10 miles.

Associate
Never understood the mentality of filling up by £20 at a time, I guess perhaps some people just really like visiting petrol stations :confused:

I just fill it up, a couple of clicks to make sure it's actually full and that's that.

I only fill up like that as ive had a few issues with my car over the past few months (most my own fault). One of which was a fuel leak which I had to get repaired just after i filled up fully so lost quite a bit of fuel

Soldato
The disco is costing me £128 to fill right up and it's slow enough when it's light let alone when it has 90 litres on board!!
So no, I no longer do this as it hurts too much. :D

Don
just fill from empty to full every time, dont see any reason not to, saves visits to petrol station

pay by CC for cashback and settle at end of month

Man of Honour
OP
I fill my tank. I never understand people that put a tenner or twenty quid in.

Because that may be all the cash they have in their pocket.
You may not believe this but some people don't carry cards just like me.
You put your hand in your pocket, pull out £33.79 and then decide how much to use which won't be £26.58 but a multiple of 5.

Soldato
You may not believe this but some people don't carry cards just like me.

You're missing out. You work hard for your money so you need to make it go as far as you can. It's possible to have your petrol cost you 3% less for no effort other than paying by card.

I'm another for just brimming it. At the end of the day how much your petrol costs you is a function of how far you drive and what fuel economy you get. Filling up twice with £30 each time, or spending the £60 to brim your tank has no impact on this (if you want to split hairs, carrying more weight means you consume more; but expect this nets out with the extra fuel used to make an extra trip/stop/start at the petrol station).

Man of Honour
I fill my tank. I never understand people that put a tenner or twenty quid in.

There are multiple petrol stations near me.
Less rear tyre wear running the car lighter.
More power when light.
Better MPG.

Although saying that, lots of people here seem to say 'click, done' when filling. If filling the car I never stop when it clicks, plenty more room in there :p

Man of Honour
Filling up 4 times with 25 quid a go costs the same as filling up once at 100 quid.

I don't get this 'oh I don't often go far so no point' thing either. I don't do big miles either, so by filling to the brim I can often go a month without filling up. That's very convenient.

Back
Top Bottom