ps3 via PC

Soldato
Hey guys, just picked up a ps3 and starting to get to grips with it, there's just one minor issue I have with it. Currently it is connected to my PC monitor via HDMI which is handy as the monitor happens to have built in speakers. But ideally I would want the audio running through my PC headphones for ease and comfort. What is the best way to do this? I'm guessing it would be to get a cheap capture card with a HDMI input so that everything goes through the PC? That would be kinda useful since it would mean I could try streaming something if I ever had the desire to, but would it affect the picture quality? That also seems like it would be easier to switch between PC and ps3 with simply needing to salt tab without needing to fumble about for the input switch on the bottom of the monitor.

I'm sure the must be a few people who have done similar to this, so spill the beans! :D

Soldato
But ideally I would want the audio running through my PC headphones for ease and comfort.
AUX cable to line in
Bear in mind you need to have your pc on when you want to play though
On your PS3 set the sound to use the analogue instead of HDMI for audio, or set it to send sounds to all sources
Note: All sound becomes 2 channel

Does it affect quality?
Yes if you have anything more than 2 channel sound

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the reply. I probably should have mentioned that I have one of those 5.1 headsets that has the 3.5mm jacks. So ideally I would like a solution that would let me make use of that.

Back
Top Bottom