If you own both - what do you use more? Xbox or PS3?

Soldato
I have both.

I had a PS3 when MGS4 came out - was pretty much the only game I only played. Others was Uncharted which I enjoyed and a good portion of the 1st Resistance - didnt really think much of it.

I have had a Xbox since release - had a lot of use out of it. Most of my friends use xbox - so the online experience is a hell of a lot better.

Recently my PS3 has been gathering dust. I bought Heavy Rain and played a bit of that, which was sometime last year - going to give it another bash at some point. But I have been using my PS3 more for media purposes, such as watching Broadwalk Empire - it is a lot better for this purpose.

So this is not to initiate a console war - just a question of what do you use more?

Bengaboy Bonus Question - With PSN+ - if you download a game that isnt available anymore, can you still play it if you have it downloaded? Or does it not allow you to play it when it has disappeared of PSN?

Soldato
I use my PS3 more because I know more people who play on that. Also there tends to be more/better exclusives on the PS3.

That said I've been using my Xbox recently for Gears of War and used it a fair bit for Forza and Halo 4 when they came out.

This will lead to a I use the xbox because of the controller thread though...

Associate
I only use my PS3 for watching Blu-Ray movies. All other media works faster on my Xbox.

I only buy Xbox 360 games, only game i've ever bought for my PS3 was MGS4.

Oh, and the controller.......;)

Soldato
My 360 rarely gets touched these days, it just doesn't really get many exclusives compared to the other platforms (and I'm getting bored of Gears of War and Halo, give me a new Fable already that doesn't stink of Kinect gimmickry). 90% of my friends play on Xbox and I used to get multiplatform multiplayer games on it to play with them, but these days I tend to get the multiplatform releases on PC or PS3 depending on what kind of game it is. But with the PS3 getting so many exclusives, and a hell of a lot more appealing games (to me) as well as it being used as my Media Server and Blu-ray player, I don't really find a use for my 360. The whole paying for Gold to be able to voice chat with friends and play online puts me off it even more, especially since you get a smattering of great games from Sony for the same price with PS+. I just feel ripped off :p

Soldato
I only really have a PS3 for uncharted and over PS2 games (Phat Ps3).

I play my xbox a lot more, for fifa and black ops.

But i play the most on my PC. If i want a social game, i play xbox, otherwise PC.

Caporegime
My 360 came out of hiding for the first time in ages this weekend when I took delivery of Black Ops 2. Was unable to change it to a PS3 version so accepted it regardless and took the behemoth out of its hiding place and was swiftly reminded why it was put away - the damn thing is so bloody noisy!

Back
Top Bottom