Jaaaaaag Owners

Soldato
Any thoughts on warranties? There's not an awful lot of information from jaguar although it seems the price may depend on age and mileage, and which model of car. Possibly around £900/yr for an XJ?

Don
Just ordered two new back tyres for mine, 285/30 20 Michelin Super Sports , £528 the pair with a £50 petrol voucher thrown in, very pleased with that deal :)

Soldato
With a 5.0-litre supercharged V8 engine delivering 550PS and bespoke chassis and aerodynamic developments, the Jaguar XJR is the most focused, agile and responsive XJ ever made. It delivers supercar performance and assertive looks with the highest levels of luxury.
That is an interesting passage that I'm going to pick on.

It seems that 'supercar performance' is a benchmark that almost any group of performance-oriented cars will achieve nowadays, as it appears to require anything but contemporary supercar performance. It's almost as if the benchmark now relates to supercar performance twenty years ago, as 0-60 in 'around five seconds' is anything but supercar performance - a Ferrari 355 would dispatch 0-60 in comfortably less than five seconds in 1994. All of the manufacturers appear to be playing this 'supercar performance' game, yet if we pick a modern supercar - like the 458 - we find 0-60 in less than 3.4 seconds, with a similar story if you look at the Gallardo.

Soldato
I think that's a fair point you raise, its super car performance of the early 2000's rather than now with the MP4-12C, 458 lp640 etc.

Anything sub 9 secs 0-100 is fast though! But now super cars are sub 7 for the more relevant 0-100 MPH.

Lamborghini is AWD so 0-60 is disproportionate.

Soldato
Agreed. That said, I think the usual suspects should start fitting 600 HP+ engines. 5xx HP is so last decade - an S55 AMG had 500 HP in late 2002!

Man of Honour
OP
Tell you one thing that does my head in about the XF

The bloody fuel gauge :p. I know it's based on fancy calculations as its digital. But it changes far too frequently. I'll accelerate upto 70, oh look I've gone a whole section down in fuel, slowly creeps back up, then goes down again when I put my foot down. Knowing when it's actually a reflection of the level in your tank is impossible :D minor complaint though

Soldato
My XFR had a similar problem which was diagnosed as a faulty sender in the tank. When they dropped the tank was when they found that the centre bearing was shot in the prop shaft.

Man of Honour
OP
Oh :eek:

I may get that looked at then, as I accept it should change depending on my driving. But this goes up and down constantly depending on my position on the throttle

Soldato
Oh :eek:

I may get that looked at then, as I accept it should change depending on my driving. But this goes up and down constantly depending on my position on the throttle

No it shouldn't as its a reflection of the volume in the tank, the range will change based on driving not the fuel gauge level, other than obviously down ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Few more after a quick wipe down today....

dscn2323b.jpg

dscn2339n.jpg

dscn2278g.jpg

dscn2340o.jpg

dscn2348q.jpg

dscn2386w.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Nice car, I returned my 'Jaguar leaper' I ordered a while back...for fear of people getting hurt in the event of an accident. I always thought it looked good.
Is yours spring loaded or screwed on?

Soldato
This thread makes me pine for my Jags, but you all have some very nice cars there. I especially like Born_2_Kill_83's ...I really do like the old X308 ...best shape of the lot in my opinion.

Man of Honour
OP
Just took my car in for an issue with the fuel gauge I've been having

While I was there, got to have a play in an F-Type....

Was only the V6 but mother of god the noise, THE NOISE!!!!!! Then as I got out, one of the sales guys pulled up in the V8 and let the engine roar as he went past

THE NOISE

One day...one day

Soldato
If the residuals are as bad as are being suggested 3 year old cars are gonna be quite cheap (comparatively). The dealer I spoke to about them could get me a car in September if I'd wanted one and had sold 3 across all variants. Its a lovely looking car and bigger than it looks in pictures but they priced it wrong in my view, especially with the crazy option list.

Back
Top Bottom