***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Soldato
Nope... but mine only a week old.

This shouldn't really happen, as usually the screen has to be on a good few hours to cause this.

Yeah I've never seen it before, but I was browsing on the BBC news app for 10 minutes in bed last night and then went to alarms and the BBC logo etc was VERY visible at the top. First time I've ever seen imagine retention on a phone.

Caporegime
For the first time tonight I've seen image retention on my screen. I didn't think this was possible :o. Anyone else experienced this?

there was a bit of a commotion when i said screen burn / image retention was possible on this phone and any other phone for that matter, it doesn't matter what technology is used some people seem to think LCD is immune from it, about 2 or 3 months back people slated me for saying it was possible. many people afterwards have came out and said they have had image retention on here as well as on xda with this phone.

this is why I use PA, pie mode gets rid of the horrible huge bars completely or phablet mode makes them smaller so only a smaller part of the screen is effected.

anyway point is do not keep static images on your phone for too long, especially within the first 400 hours of screen on time. people say this is a myth and time and time again it gets proved otherwise. so long as you vary your content then yeah you do not get any, but it is possible, therefore better to be safe than sorry.

Associate
Well discovered a problem with my Nexus 4 today while cleaning smudges off the screen with a microfibre cloth, it looks like while the phone been in my pocket with the screen facing on the inside my leg to stop the screen getting knocked, the actual protective coating on the gorilla glass has starting to wear off in a couple of places, never had a problem like this before in the past any smartphones I've had that used Gorilla glass.

Now if it starting to do this after only a week god knows what it gonna be like in a few months time.

Do you think it's best to RMA it back to Google and ask for a replacment?

Soldato
Mine appears to be the same, around the top left edge/down that side. I noticed it a few weeks back but decided that I couldn't be bothered to get it swapped (for the fourth time), I'm sure a couple of the previous ones were the same.

Associate
I thought Gorilla Glass is an actual type of glass and isn't a coating? You sure you haven't left a screen protector on that is peeling? :p

Associate
Can someone tell me how to switch off Internet access while still being able to have normal use for phone calls.Going abroad and do not want texts and emails to download .
Thanks

Soldato
Drag screen down, right hand box, click provider, turn off mobile data.There is a place to stop it roaming

Settings, more, mobile networks turn off data roaming

Soldato
Not to bad, it really depends how much you use it. I did find that after the first couple of weeks it has improved. If i have a typical day in the office it works from 6am to midnight no problems. If I go out and about - train etc then I definitely need my Anker battery with me.

Associate
Not to bad, it really depends how much you use it. I did find that after the first couple of weeks it has improved. If i have a typical day in the office it works from 6am to midnight no problems. If I go out and about - train etc then I definitely need my Anker battery with me.

Thanks for that. Are you using stock rom?

I have my work/personal email. I call, text and whatsapp throughout the day.

I like the idea of being able to leave for work at 7am and not worry about the charge till around 11 in the evening.

Also I find the email app to be a pain, as you have to be in the particular inbox to pick the email address, which is quite annoying.

Soldato
I'm Stock (Unlocked/Rooted) and for me the Battery is quite good, lasted a lot more than my old Arc, but that's not saying much as the battery on that was crap!!...

Anyhew, I installed the Snapdragon Battery Guru, and after the initial 2 day set up period, and me than tweaking it a little, it's even better!! lasts about a day(ish) easily (sometimes more!!) with 20%(ish) battery left, That's with 25-30% screentime (Farcebook, *******, Chrome, etc...), Phone usage, and the Camera (took about 30 odd photos yesterday and it didn't really make a dent in the battery!!), I don't play many games on it as I have a Nex7 for that :)

I'm really happy with it!! :)

Associate
Appreciate your help Simian.

Did have the Galaxy Nexus and though battery was reasonable on that. Also had Arc too and thought that was not too bad.

Currently using an iPhone 5, but am really bored with it... lol! Trying to see which phone I could replace it with.

Thinking Nexus 4, mainly decent handset for the price or Xperia Z (Only issue with this being the size... Too BIG)

Associate
Ahh interesting. I'd definitely get it fixed under warranty because my S2 hasn't peeled and I've had it ~2 years

My S1, S2 & S3 never suffered this problem with the coating, just as good as the day i bought it when it came to selling it on.

I also have a Nokia Lumia 800 which also has the coating had that a few months and the coating on that is still fine & it's been in the same works bottom pocket.

I mean only a week for the coating to start rubbing off is bad, seem to me LG Nexus 4 is plagued with problems in one way or another.

So the RMA back to google how does it work, I've been reading the withhold the money until you return it back to them, which im not to fond of happening what happens if they don't get the phone back ie get stolen ect?

Soldato
It would be wrong to think just because one person has an issue with the screen we suddenly have a N4 issue or any other problem for that matter.

S3's have the issue as well - Google away :)

Soldato
Those who have received theirs, did you get the revised model with the two tiny 'nubs' on the bottom and the changed camera lens surround?

You prompted me to research, strangely mine was bought on release day yet it appears to have what is being called the new camera size no bumps though.

Back
Top Bottom