Crucials new SSD! The M500! Pre-order for stock end of week!

Associate
YES! finally a decent price TB ssd :D I will be getting one of those for my summer build if it stays that price!

The seq write speeds seem to be dropping though for some reason? I remember a few years ago that they were even at about 500r/500w but now 500/130? for 120gb doesn't seem right :(

Associate
Any news on the 960GB versions? They're still on pre-order whilst the others are in stock, unless they've sold out already!

wish I could grab a 960 gig version - budget will only allow a 500 gig version atm ... but waiting till I see some benches - btw I Really liked the last benchmarking of the M4 drives that overclockers did here (quite informative) ...

Associate
^Not invisible, just...unlikely... :o

...Until proper reviews come out, I'd guess.

I see what you did there...

I was just hoping that someone in the know (Andrew Moore) might be able to give a reason to buy the Crucial drives over the Plextor, when on paper the Plextor seems better. Like how, for example, all Sandforce drives have inflated benchmark scores using compressible data, and in the real world their performance is much lower - or, maybe the Crucial drives use better NAND.
I'm genuinely not putting the new Crucial drives down, I'm a big fan of their drives and own an M4 myself, I'm just trying to gather information on how they compare to something that, on paper, seems to use similar hardware yet perform better and offers a better warranty.

Soldato
Yeah there's no way that exchange rate is accounting for almost £70 difference, they are definitely profiteering off early adapters, but then that's usually the case when OcUK gets something first.

Back
Top Bottom