****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
I definitely recommend you check out the Matilda, it's a heavily armored Tier 4 British Medium tank just before the Churchill I, obviously as its so armored it's quite slow but with the top gun it pens everything in its sight and is a great money maker.

Associate
I have a few tier 2 vehicles now, but I am just guessing my way through it all.

Should you just focus on one nation to begin with? I have German, British and American tanks being researched at the mo. If my current "tactic" of development is a bit rubbish I can always start again.

Best thing you can do is try and log into the 8.5 test server if you can and give some higher tier tanks a try and see if you favour anything in particualr, each tree has it's weak and annoying spots that you will have to slog through to get to the next 'good' tank, the French has the AMX40 to get the ELC AMX, the Brits have the Churchill 1, Americans have the M3 and the Russian the T28.

NZB

NZB

Associate
True, i don't (apart from the auto fire extinguisher :p). I can't afford to use them on live other than having a few gold ammo for sticky situations so would give a false idea of how they play. Only tank i've ever used gold ammo on as it's sole ammo was the American Sherman Jumbo when unlocking the T20 and the T29 on it, that thing was silly OP with them! Ding everything if top tier and do 400 damage per shot with quick reload lol.

Associate
The AMX 40 is the worst IMO, haven't tried the T28 though, yet.

I've yet to find anything as slow and inefective as the AMX40 tbh, the T28 leads to the KV-1 so is worth it and although the T28 has paper thin armour even for a medium and is a large target, its also very nippy for it's size and carries a decent gun once upgraded.

I'm up to tier 6 on quite a few trees now and personally enjoyed the German Tank Destroyers the most, the Hetzer and the Stug are great fun to play if you can do without a turret.

NZB

NZB

Associate
I've yet to find anything as slow and inefective as the AMX40 tbh, the T28 leads to the KV-1 so is worth it and although the T28 has paper thin armour even for a medium and is a large target, its also very nippy for it's size and carries a decent gun once upgraded.

I'm up to tier 6 on quite a few trees now and personally enjoyed the German Tank Destroyers the most, the Hetzer and the Stug are great fun to play if you can do without a turret.

The T28 is crap but it's a fleeting tank as its only something like 13k to unlock the KV1. You could even suicide scout for a couple of hours on it and get rid at the very worst.

German TD's are great. I liked them all up to the Ferdinand, whatever you do do not choose it over the Jgdpanther 2 when you get there, the 200mm armour on it is worthless as it's only the upper front plate and it's practically vertical meaning no dings unless angled. You have to hide the lower front plate as it's huge, paper thin and your engine is right there. In hind sight i'd have taken the Jagdpanther 2 as everything will pen you on either and it has much better maneuverability, the Ferdinand is slooow. The gun on both is awesome.

Jgdtiger i'd probably like if i liked the matches at T9 but i don't, so i don't like it.

The T28 is crap but it's a fleeting tank as its only something like 13k to unlock the KV1. You could even suicide scout for a couple of hours on it and get rid at the very worst.

Jgdtiger i'd probably like if i liked the matches at T9 but i don't, so i don't like it.

Err...if you think the T-28 is crap then l2p is what I'd reply to that. It's a fantastic tank with an awesome gun and speed, which is why I still have one in my garage since I originally bought it.

NZB

NZB

Associate
I'm not as experienced as some but if you're going to throw the "L2P" card at me for the T28 then you need to look down and tie your shoe laces.

I'm not as experienced as some but if you're going to throw the "L2P" card at me for the T28 then you need to look down and tie your shoe laces.

Not really sure what you are trying to say there to be honest, but seriously, how in any way is the T-28 (when elited I'll add) bad?

It's armour may be paper thin but it is fast and manoeuvrable and has a pretty good gun (being the same as the T50-2). It is seriously bad advice telling someone to run in and die at tier 4, in a good tank that can really help them learn the ropes of how to play well, especially when the tank in question is a good one. It is also a waste of free experience to skip it (unless in the circumstances of having loads of higher tier tanks and not wanting to play tier 4)

And if the shoe laces thing is down to my tiers of tanks, look me up.

Finally, for the record, I did mean the original l2p jibe in jest, but whatever...

Last edited:

NZB

NZB

Associate
It's a rubbish tank that's quickly passed, if you think its anything more then...

As for L2P, drop me a trust message and i'll give you my WoT name to look up. I only play solo and am not bad, not company good like some of you ;)

Soldato
I definitely recommend you check out the Matilda, it's a heavily armored Tier 4 British Medium tank just before the Churchill I, obviously as its so armored it's quite slow but with the top gun it pens everything in its sight and is a great money maker.

Just got a matilda today, and my god it punches above it's weight. Shots seems to ping off the front like there's no tomorrow! Loving it.

Back
Top Bottom