Who here owns a Renaultsport?

Associate
Damn all the people nearby getting phase 1s recently. Now I keep looking at Phase 1s :(

To sum my 182 up, still waiting for the guy to pay up to sort my scrape on my bumper out, had a miss fire which ended up being water down the spark plug area. Cheap arse ht leads not sealing the top properly.

Still need to check the brakes over properly after trackday. Something just isn't right with them so to speak, nothing dangerous.

Associate
Finally got round to giving the car its first good clean at the weekend, was a little too cold for it really though. But looks pretty good overall:

20130401_153422_zpsac3b3fca.jpg

20130401_153430_zpsf58da8c4.jpg

20130401_153500_zps6de4c83e.jpg

Need to get the wheels either refurbished or replaced, sort a few stone chips out on the bonnet, and the exhaust pipes don't stick out the same length so need to sort that out too as it annoys me every time i see it.

Caporegime
Wasn't aware it was supposed to have one to be honest. I have been thinking about getting a cheap fabia one fitted, but not sure if i like them or not.

Black/Gold :cool:

The Cup Styling pack adds the Cup spoiler, grey wheels, and front splitter. You have the spoiler and the wheels, so either they were retro added by a previous owner, or it had the cup pack and the splitter has been removed or broken.

Associate
I have looked at decats, but i'm worried it'll be too loud or droney. May try and pick up a second hand one to give it a try at some point, at least i'll be able to sell it on for little to no lose.

Caporegime
A quick question to people with CL pads, mine have just arrived but I notice they don't have the little springy things in the middle that hold them tight in the carrier? Are they going to rattle, or do I need to find the shims that were removed and thrown out when I fitted DS2500s?

Soldato
A quick question to people with CL pads, mine have just arrived but I notice they don't have the little springy things in the middle that hold them tight in the carrier? Are they going to rattle, or do I need to find the shims that were removed and thrown out when I fitted DS2500s?

Yes they will rattle a lot.

I retrospectively fitted some anti rattle clips as the rattles drove me insane...

Drilled the top, filed it open slightly and pushed the clips in...

Those are RC5+ pads >> http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q51/laine_16v/DSC01834Custom.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Big rattles from my CL pads. Won't be getting any more for the next set as I think I went a bit OTT for my driving.

Bugger all fade on track though. Something's not right with my brakes though now, still not had time to check them after Llandow (they still work but get a bit of vibration and noise)

Caporegime
Big rattles from my CL pads. Won't be getting any more for the next set as I think I went a bit OTT for my driving.

Bugger all fade on track though. Something's not right with my brakes though now, still not had time to check them after Llandow (they still work but get a bit of vibration and noise)

My car is (well, will be when I get it back on the road) almost exclusively used on track so they seemed a good option.

I have had vibration after a track day. Its either warped disks or pickup from a hot spot. Changing the disks fixes it.

Back
Top Bottom