Outside Tap - Fitment Issues

Associate
Hey All,

Been having some issues with the fitment onto my outside tap...as far as I know, everything is as "standard" as I can see. And from what I have gathered...I have a brass threaded tap connector already on the end of this (Please someone correct me if I am wrong!).

The problem I am really having is when I connect any plastic snap-on fitments to this, it doesn't necessarily fit on correctly and still leaks.

The hose end connector I have is pretty much similar to this (Cheap £1 thing from B&Q).
$(KGrHqR,!h!E2e2gC(qqBNrq!Y(KdQ~~_12.JPG

If anyone has some ideas as to why this may not be fitting, or can think of any potential solutions that would be great. I haven;'t had much luck discovering whether or not the brass threaded tap connector is a standard size, or if I can get some sort of adapter to make it a standard size or if I am going to have to get a new tap to make it fit with these fitments!! The current jubilee clip solution I've devised isn't great as it can't handle the pressure of a pressure washer unfortunately.

Soldato
Surely you need to remove the brass hose connector and use a plastic quick release connector

The green fitting is a quick fit connector, & you need a quick fit tap connector to use it, which can be in brass or plastic, I prefer brass as you can't break it.

The present brass connector on tap is for a hose & pipe clip connection.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've never had good luck with brass to plastic, plastic to plastic works better, last brass one I bought didn't seal properly and leaked.

I've given up with plastic fittings, stupid sister keeps driving over them, if I leave hose on hardstanding.

The brass kit I linked to, I have found it very good, but, it won't fit the heavy duty yellow screwfix hose I have.

It fits partly, but you can't use the locking collar to retain the hose, as it needs a larger hole reamed out to slide over hose.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom