***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Soldato
Thanks for everyones tips and advice, very helpful.

I was starting to worry for a bit I'd done the wrong thing. Hope I didn't come across as a moaning old git in my previous post.
Do love the phone itself it, what a gorgeous looking piece of kit. That screen is just something else. Just need to get my head around android.

It's been a while

Last edited:
Soldato
Quick question, ive searched on Google but I'm simply can't find out how to quickly mute the phone. Just thinking when I'm at work tomorrow

PS keyboard is rubbish lol

Soldato
Quick question, ive searched on Google but I'm simply can't find out how to quickly mute the phone. Just thinking when I'm at work tomorrow

PS keyboard is rubbish lol

put on swiftkey and use that as a keyboard. It is a go to keyboard if the stock android is not for you.

Soldato
Holding volume rocker down is far quicker.

You can also get apps which to location based preferences.

I use llama, you can then either just click the profile you want or how when you get to work it can auto silent. Top app for handling location events, not noticed a detrimental effect on my battery

Soldato
Just wanting to learn as quickly as I can

Yes, I know I can drag the notification bar down, but that's the same as dragging the lock screen button up to unlock. Surely a quick glance at icons numbers is quicker than a shopping list of notifications. Sorry, I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. Like I said, I'm trying to learn quickly :D

I'm sure I read about the benefit of android was a more alive homescreen, dragging a notification bar down seems nothing like being alive

Get a copy of 'Dashclock' for the lock screen (then long press and move to the right most screen then do the same on the stock clock and remove!), it tells you how many Texts, Gmail's, Calls and (after installing any number of extensions) Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter etc... messages you have right on the Lock screen!! :)

1ewYMX6.png

Also Get the 'Clock Plus' Daydream for when the phone is plugged in, Also tells you at a glance about Text, Gmail and Calls!! :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Got my replacement N4 yesterday, obviously going to have to give it a few days before I get an immediate idea about it's battery life, right? Although it doesn't seem to have that wakelock I was banging on about ages ago.

Only other issue is now is the old one; can't seem to have any luck at all unrooting the bloody thing.

Soldato
Get a copy of 'Dashclock' for the lock screen (then long press and move to the right most screen then do the same on the stock clock and remove!), it tells you how many Texts, Gmail's, Calls and (after installing any number of extensions) Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter etc... messages you have right on the Lock screen!! :)

1ewYMX6.png

Also Get the 'Clock Plus' Daydream for when the phone is plugged in, Also tells you at a glance about Text, Gmail and Calls!! :)

Thanks!! Really loving this now :cool:

Soldato
Got my official bumper case yesterday and it is very nice. It is very similar to the poetic case except it has a premium feel to it. Buttons are a lot easier to operate with the case on. Also gives the phone a new look, feels like I have different phone.

Back
Top Bottom