*** Official Dota 2 Thread ***

Soldato
I am still really enjoying storm spirit at the moment. Not the strongest hero for most pub games but he makes losing so much fun.

I also intend to start learning Sven/Bristleback/Axe soon. Ursa is just OP for uncoordinated pub games; if you get to go and jungle and get Roshan within 12 mins it is GG unless your team is feeding.

Soldato
Well I can get him to snowball sometimes and he can gank superbly but in terms of running into 4 enemies and killing them all he doesnt really have that ability (unlike Ursa).

I am nearly good enough with him yet.

Soldato
Storm is awesome, its all about order of attacks so you get static discharge on every attack. All he needs is mana really!

Ulti in - attack - grip - attack- lay the aoe explosion thing-attack. Rinse and repeat!

Caporegime
OP
If Ursa runs in a pack of four the other team is just bad and a half decent storm would stomp them anyways, Ursa is fairly easy to control if you have a ~ 2 disabled and if he goes shadowblade someone who is willing to ward/dust, in teamfights he gets slowed out of them if you spread well

Soldato
Yah this is all in pub games where team fights are non existent and each man is for himself! Ursa should be easy to CC but I have actually not played in a game where I was warded with a shadowblade. After 5 minutes with shadowblade and a few ganks with Ursa, you can snowball disgustingly. It is formulaic

Storm one on one with mana and an orchid is normally gg, but I tend to find that pub games never have good initiators. Storm can zap in and out but i havent found him as devastating as Ursa appearing from nowhere.

My new favourite character is Dark Seer. Superb fun can be had keeping your team alive with surge!

Last edited:
Soldato
BKB first vs NYXNYXNYXNYX I'm sure although that laning might hurt. OD is always a good last pick - if the entire team went tanky str / agi's that don't prefer a quick diffusal then he's super good, late game he is obscene and his natural build of a sheepstick makes life all that much better. Bristle patch has been fairly good to me, he needs a fairly decent amount of farm so my 5 man have varied between laning him and mid solo. A lot of us picked armadon in HoN (except he was even more powerful then) so it's like an old friend returning. Veno with him works brilliantly as does KoTL for all that ability spam. I'd never take him in a pub game though, he will outlast everyone in a fight but you NEED your team to keep them busy, something a lot of pubstars will chicken out at :)

Soldato
I just move (not attack move, and only do this if you disabled auto-attack) in the direction first and then pounce. If they are just sat there doing nothing then you can atkmove , get up close and then pounce but you want to be really close in theory (chance of miss is progressively lower the closer you are). The other option is to lane with a stunner, I run veng a lot with slarks but anything with decent stun would probably do. I'm playing a lot of shadow demon currently and he's either fantastic or a huge problem as a pair - if the other person is erratic after the disruption then slark's going to have a hard time landing it.

Soldato
dotakey_zpsb6094354.jpg

Fancied buying some keys :D

dotakey2_zps9d1dd4f5.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone watch the starladder 5 final? Went to the final game but I won't spoil it for anyone who wants to watch. The boots tp to hawk kill was my favourite moment of the series but they were all pretty good.

Associate
Just had a hilarious game as Bloodseeker, I managed to build a Mjolnir, Deadalus, and then a Rapier!

Immediately lost it in the next teamfight in the middle of the enemy base, but that's fine because a seige creep was parked on top of it and the other team didn't notice it :o
So our Kunkka went invis and wandered in and picked it up.
Kunkka then died in their base and dropped it again, but I had respawned by then so I managed to retrieve it a second time, then spent the last few minutes of the game too scared to actually run in and use it XD

1700 dmg crits were awesome though with Bloodseeker's attack speed. Just not going to build rapier on such a squishy hero again.

Back
Top Bottom