Can money buy happiness?

Associate
am feeling you on this acme. 6 or 7 digit figures are way nicer...

Then you can go for nice C or even B class HO's.

99nxh1.png

I really like those chicks. That's the kind of women I like.

Soldato
It could facilitate desires such as travel the world, spend all day doing your hobby (travel skiing or w/e)

Personally I'd love it and threads like this always tempt me to take up the lottery :p.

jkb

jkb

Associate
It certainly makes things easier when you can buy what you want but that doesn't give you real happiness, just instant gratification which doesn't last.

Soldato
Depends what the tradeoff is. I was earning triple what I'm on now in my previous job, but I'm a lot happier.

Still earning a decent amount now...but life is just a lot better without all the carp that came with the old job.

Soldato
If you offered me unlimited money for life but I could never spend another minute with my wife I'd turn it down every time. She trumps everything else the world has to offer by an unmeasurable amount. Obviously you can't ever buy that feeling - so sappy...urgh

However, if you'd have asked me at a point when I was single if I wanted unlimited money but would never meet a women I loved this much, i'd have chosen the money every time!!

I can think of so many things I'd love to do in life, but many of them are very costly so I have to prioritise. I'm lucky enough to be able to afford quite a lot of luxuries, but i'm also a long way from being 'rich'
So, having my own company to make transformers figures so I could have a collection of every transformer ever, in a room designed to look cybertronian with transformers music juke box? Not really on the cards any time soon! lol.

holidays make me happy, so I make sure to go on a lot of them. more money could buy me more holidays as I wouldn't need to work, which would thus alleviate some of the more boring aspects of my life (work...)
Never understood people who said they would keep working for something to do...what? I could think of things to do every minute from now until I die, 100% of which would be fun to me. Either I just like 100x more than most people or some people are seriously boring! lol (these are not people who have interesting jobs by the way, that's different)

Caporegime
money can certainly remove some potential sources of unhappiness

having money itself doesn't necessarily lead to a happy life and it is perfectly possible to be very happy without it

Associate
A lot of the more well off people I know aren't happy by any stretch of the imagination. Yes they have all the nice things, and some beautiful things. They're just shells of people consumed by work and some unattainable paradigm of 'success' that is always just that extra zero in the bank balance away. There are exceptions to this, of course.

I'd say that money can buy comfort and security, but happiness? No.

Back
Top Bottom