The Z77 Sabertooth Club.

Associate
Yea I replaced the TIM on my 3570k also but seen very little improvement from doing it. Right about 2 degrees difference per core idle and load. Really didn't have a temp issue prior, but cooler is always better. Current idle temps (cpu at [email protected]) are 30, 24, 25, 27c per core with a XSPC Raystorm water block and 2x120mm rad with fans setup push and pull. Room ambient at 25c.

I am only going to replace my TIM as I got such a high temps on core 3 and 4I.e. 19,20,32,29 that's quite a jump, Saying that my max temps after 14hrs Prime95 max temp test was around 69 to 72 on all cores just idle temps that are so different.

I'm running at 4.4 at the Mo with 1.27v with a H100,
I do have a xspc 320 rad and a EZ full nickel water block but my pump failed so I replaced the loop with the h100 for convenience.

What are the settings your using to achieve 4.7Ghz chap :D

Associate
Positive 0.10 volts vote, pll overvoltage - disabled, cpu pll - 1.7v, core ratio 47 with speedstep enabled, llc - high, cpu volt freq - manual set to 350, power phase - optimized, power duty - t. Probe, current capability - 130%, and power response - ultra fast. Only C state enabled is C1E. Still running totally stable, benchmarks, games, etc no problems even after bring ram down to 1.5v no stability lost or performance. Can't recall my last bsod

Associate
Hi
Just joined and like this board a lot.
Trying to 4.6 as in the original post but windows keeps re booting...i set voltage to manual instead of offset and now boots @1.4 volts but as soon as I run prime temps go over 100 instantly!!! whats all that about? ta

using khuler 920 on chip

Summary
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz 41 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 933MHz (9-10-9-27)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SABERTOOTH Z77 (LGA1155) 39 °C
Graphics
DELL 2209WA (1680x1050@60Hz)
AMD Radeon HD 6670 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 42 °C
Hard Drives
224GB OCZ-AGILITY3 ATA Device (SSD) 30 °C
1863GB SAMSUNG HD204UI (SATA) 29 °C
447GB Intel Volume0 (RAID)
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp DVDWBD SH-B123L
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Associate
I am only going to replace my TIM as I got such a high temps on core 3 and 4I.e. 19,20,32,29 that's quite a jump, Saying that my max temps after 14hrs Prime95 max temp test was around 69 to 72 on all cores just idle temps that are so different.

I'm running at 4.4 at the Mo with 1.27v with a H100,
I do have a xspc 320 rad and a EZ full nickel water block but my pump failed so I replaced the loop with the h100 for convenience.

What are the settings your using to achieve 4.7Ghz chap :D

Not sure how much I'd trust those idle temps on cores 1 and 2 to be accurate unless the ambient temps in the room are 19 degrees or below, and even then when my ambient temp in my room is 20 degrees my lowest core at idle is 23 degrees and hottest is 30 @ 1.6ghz -0.85 volts. On a standard water loop you can't go below ambient and in my experience and reading the average idle temps on water are usually 2-3 degrees above ambient at idle. The 29 and 32 temp cores seem about right, unless you do keep it 16-17 degrees in the room computer is in, then they may be considered high. Seem about average to me.

Associate
Hi
Just joined and like this board a lot.
Trying to 4.6 as in the original post but windows keeps re booting...i set voltage to manual instead of offset and now boots @1.4 volts but as soon as I run prime temps go over 100 instantly!!! whats all that about? ta

using khuler 920 on chip

Summary
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz 41 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 933MHz (9-10-9-27)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SABERTOOTH Z77 (LGA1155) 39 °C
Graphics
DELL 2209WA (1680x1050@60Hz)
AMD Radeon HD 6670 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 42 °C
Hard Drives
1863GB SAMSUNG HD204UI (SATA) 29 °C
447GB Intel Volume0 (RAID)
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp DVDWBD SH-B123L
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

I'd suggest going back to setting in op's post, but put Load Line Cal. on High and keep stepping up the +0.005 cpu volts 1 step at a time till windows boots and runs stable. For 4.6 I have to use +0.070 with load line cal. on high gives me 1.23volts max volts and for 4.7ghz a +0.10 volts with LLC on high which gives me 1.26v under max load. On water cooling I haven't seen a temp above 69 degrees so far.

Associate
Not sure how much I'd trust those idle temps on cores 1 and 2 to be accurate unless the ambient temps in the room are 19 degrees or below, and even then when my ambient temp in my room is 20 degrees my lowest core at idle is 23 degrees and hottest is 30 @ 1.6ghz -0.85 volts. On a standard water loop you can't go below ambient and in my experience and reading the average idle temps on water are usually 2-3 degrees above ambient at idle. The 29 and 32 temp cores seem about right, unless you do keep it 16-17 degrees in the room computer is in, then they may be considered high. Seem about average to me.

I'm in the south east of England and yes my ambient temp is around 19c I do have a window open as it gets mighty hot in my office with 2 rigs *i7 970 and the i5 3570k both running as well as laptops customers pc's and other bits n bobs etc.
I will fit my custom loop again when I can be assed to get a new pump then I will need some new angle barbs, Pipe and fluid etc. but for now the h100 will do though nowhere near as good as custom loop with 1/2 pipe ;)

But back to the point of this post Yes I do think the temp of the third and forth core on the IB I got is a bit to high compared to the first and second at idle around the same volts and speed of yours at idle.

EDIT: FYI your settings for 4,7 don't work for me I can get 4.5 but anything over that is either crash, BSOD, or just to HOT so I set my rig to 4.5 and I am max temp after half hour prime *full heat* 78,82,80,79 max volt is 1.328v my offset is +0.100 at the Mo. I will be lowering that if I can to +0.075

4.4 I can run at offset +0.050 which gives me a 1.288v cpu and temps around 5 to 6 c under what I get with 4.5

Last edited:
Associate
I'd suggest going back to setting in op's post, but put Load Line Cal. on High and keep stepping up the +0.005 cpu volts 1 step at a time till windows boots and runs stable. For 4.6 I have to use +0.070 with load line cal. on high gives me 1.23volts max volts and for 4.7ghz a +0.10 volts with LLC on high which gives me 1.26v under max load. On water cooling I haven't seen a temp above 69 degrees so far.

thanks for the reply - been trying with this and its in a right mess - just never boots - did it so many time it broke windows - upped the offset volts into "red" figures!!!! - reinstalled - tried 0.070 again booted ok - ran prime - error in seconds rebooted windows bust again

going for 4.6 - wishing I never left my asrock - one click 4.8 - stable as chips for 18 months - somethings off here - cheers

Last edited:
Associate
I'm in the south east of England and yes my ambient temp is around 19c I do have a window open as it gets mighty hot in my office with 2 rigs *i7 970 and the i5 3570k both running as well as laptops customers pc's and other bits n bobs etc.
I will fit my custom loop again when I can be assed to get a new pump then I will need some new angle barbs, Pipe and fluid etc. but for now the h100 will do though nowhere near as good as custom loop with 1/2 pipe ;)

But back to the point of this post Yes I do think the temp of the third and forth core on the IB I got is a bit to high compared to the first and second at idle around the same volts and speed of yours at idle.

EDIT: FYI your settings for 4,7 don't work for me I can get 4.5 but anything over that is either crash, BSOD, or just to HOT so I set my rig to 4.5 and I am max temp after half hour prime *full heat* 78,82,80,79 max volt is 1.328v my offset is +0.100 at the Mo. I will be lowering that if I can to +0.075

4.4 I can run at offset +0.050 which gives me a 1.288v cpu and temps around 5 to 6 c under what I get with 4.5

Sorry to hear that. I must have a good chip to run at 4.7ghz, max volts 1.265, and 8 hours of Prime95 never went over 69 degrees. That's with +0.100 vcore offset. Can't hit 4.8ghz without raising offset so high max volts are 1.35 and temps climbing up over 80 degrees with Prime95 thou.

Decided to back mine down to 4.6ghz with +offset of 0.070volts today. I feel alittle more comfortable running 4.6ghz 24/7 since 4.7ghz is my max stable and I usually like to run 1 step under max stable. Seriously doubt I'll miss 100mhz or even notice it.

Associate
last night with my HD7970 crossfire playing Bioshock I hit 70c on the CPU cores and hit near 80c on the graphics cards with vsync disabled on rez of 2560 x 1440 (IPS panel) turned vsync on and card temps fell to around 65c but was no longer utilizing 100% of my 7970s anymore they were around 45 to 50% on each card hhhm makes me feel like 2 are not worth while in crossfire with vsync on :rolleyes: , BTW that is at 4.5Ghz cpu so will back that down to 4.4 today. my room was like an oven :p Trusty sabatooth mobo was still running cool throughout the whole ordeal.;)

Last edited:
Associate
heres one for ya!!
Turn on game rig and boots up then screen goes blank and fans on graphics card are going hell for leather.

Turn off reset bois to stock and still boot up and gets INTO windows then screen goes blank again. this is a new card bought from OCuK

Any idears? my other 7970 is running fine in the rig.

EDIT: RMA'd it today. will wait for replacement.

Last edited:
Associate
last night with my HD7970 crossfire playing Bioshock I hit 70c on the CPU cores and hit near 80c on the graphics cards with vsync disabled on rez of 2560 x 1440 (IPS panel) turned vsync on and card temps fell to around 65c but was no longer utilizing 100% of my 7970s anymore they were around 45 to 50% on each card hhhm makes me feel like 2 are not worth while in crossfire with vsync on :rolleyes: , BTW that is at 4.5Ghz cpu so will back that down to 4.4 today. my room was like an oven :p Trusty sabatooth mobo was still running cool throughout the whole ordeal.;)

All your temps went up more then normal while gaming just all of a sudden? Maybe caused by the card you RMA'd? Almost done with Bioshock myself, been considering getting a 2nd 670 FTW card but still haven't found a game I can't max out and hold 50-60 fps minus maybe crysis3 with high levels of AA. Bioshock maxed out using adapted vsync hold 60 fps at average of 65 degrees and cpu cores max 53 degrees. So until I find a game my single card can't handle maxed out then iI'll get 2nd card, as another right now would be more gpu then I can max good use of and little longer prices should drop.

Associate
Hi.. Im planning on using this board on my bild.. An im wondering will it support SLI asus GTX 680 Direct CUII TOP.. I heard they require 3 slots..

Soldato
Although the cards will be very close together, the coolers on those Direct CUII cards are good so you shouldn't have any problems.

If it was me though, I'd get the Gigabyte 4GB Windforces for the same/similar money. The 4GB Vram will help the cards hold their value better and of course help with huge textures if you mod Skyrim and such.

Associate
Although the cards will be very close together, the coolers on those Direct CUII cards are good so you shouldn't have any problems.

If it was me though, I'd get the Gigabyte 4GB Windforces for the same/similar money. The 4GB Vram will help the cards hold their value better and of course help with huge textures if you mod Skyrim and such.

Oh i meant to say i'm getting the Gtx 680 top and probably buy another one for SLI in the future. as for now my only concern is if it will fit properly in SLI if i bought another one and will be my corsair 650D will do just fine?

Thank you very much for all of your replies.. is my first time building a PC (Gaming)

Associate
Oh i meant to say i'm getting the Gtx 680 top and probably buy another one for SLI in the future. as for now my only concern is if it will fit properly in SLI if i bought another one and will be my corsair 650D will do just fine?

Thank you very much for all of your replies.. is my first time building a PC (Gaming)

Ok bud well just so as you know they will fit fine no worries.

Good luck with the build. ;)

Back
Top Bottom