Intel SSD 520??

Permabanned
Just got a Thinkpad with an Intel 520 SSD, never used a Laptop with an SSD always had disk drives. Cant believe how quick they are!

Done a Crystal Disk Mark test, are the results the norm for this drive?

2qxal43.png

Soldato
Aye. I have a Intel 520 in my laptop. Works a treat. My scores seem a bit higher than yours but it could be because it's the 240Gb version. Usually the larger drives score a bit higher in benchmarks

Intel520.jpg

Make sure your SATA controller is in AHCI mode, and install the Intel Rapid Storage drivers :)

Associate
Same drive myself - it really is a lovely experience going to a modern SSD straight from normal HDDs. I'll post speeds when I get the lappy back, should be a couple of days (bad RAM, boo)
Only a 120 GB in mine so we'll see how it compares :)

Soldato
I have a 240GB in my desktop. It's beats the crap out of the first SSD I got (64GB Crucial c300).

I also put a 80GB 320 series in my old laptop (Lenovo X61) that my mum now has. That was lovely too. Perfect for Sata II machines.

I use them because they're supposed to deal well with power loss (my main PC is on 247 and we suffer 6 or so power cuts per year) - also ideal for mobile computing obv. Never had any problems with either.

Permabanned
OP
I really cannot believe how much it transforms a machine! :eek:

I have a ThinkPad with an i5 3210m 4GB and an 180 Intel 520 SSD also have HP Laptop with exactly the same specs but a 500GB Sata HDD. They are in a different league its madness to think how much an SSD really does make a difference. Every aspect of using the machine is so much quicker, we all talk about RAM and CPU been a very good upgrade but for me and SSD is just as important now! Never realised they would be so much difference!! :D

Back
Top Bottom