Are old games still fun? (MoH:AA)

Soldato
Hmm might have to dig out a copy of MoH:AA. What was the name of the map where you fight in a destroyed town and the axis spawn in near some nebelwerfers? Loved that map!

Associate
Some old games are still loads of fun not sure on MOH AA havn't got around to relaying that yet since it came out :) but I am atm playing a lot of old games and some are far more fun then todays games even without the fancy graphics
Also always do a search for texture upgrades for old games there loads of them with a quick search I found this for you Hi-Res Texture upgrade

Sorry if someone has alrealy posted this

Also if u want to see other old games check my utube videos just put Battlezone 1998 up there :)

Last edited:
Soldato
You are not a gamer then.

With decent games the graphics dont matter. A few minutes in you get into the actual game instead of just looking at the textures on the floor :rolleyes:

:p Yes I am

I wasn't going 'OMG the textures are so awful I can't play this game!!111!!' It was actually making my eyes hurt because I couldn't make out what I was looking at.
I've gone back and played games like HL before, without problems. Maybe I just didn't word my post very well

Soldato
Mohaa still looks pretty sweet to me. Straight into a full game, no waiting around to connect and login and the usual crap you have to do now. Its usually 10 minutes before you can actually play a game now

Couple of pics

uJBWxWV.jpg.png

J8cDD24.jpg.png

Associate
OP
Some old games are still loads of fun not sure on MOH AA havn't got around to relaying that yet since it came out :) but I am atm playing a lot of old games and some are far more fun then todays games even without the fancy graphics
Also always do a search for texture upgrades for old games there loads of them with a quick search I found this for you Hi-Res Texture upgrade

Sorry if someone has alrealy posted this

Also if u want to see other old games check my utube videos just put Battlezone 1998 up there :)

Thanks for adding this! I've done the HD textures for older games in the past, and I've visited that site many times but I still forgot to check it out, just patched it up now, and its still not cutting edge, but its def a nice game:)
I cant believe how it plays so smooth and yet some current games are dire online, I'm having a blast with this and really that's all games are supposed to be, fun!

Soldato
MOHAA was/is a brilliant game. To this day, nothing has replaced it. My all time favourite game.

MP was simply fantastic and all about skill, not scopes and powerups a la CoD and BF.

Soldato
yeah MoH:AA Is awesome and like physichull my all time favourite game played it religiously for years.

i found this website a while back to play some Multiplayer on but you need to download a little program to connect but its safe, no bugs or malware etc.

http://www.gametracker.com/search/mohaa/GB/

Only thing is some of the servers have aimbotters on so it does get annoying when ya spawn you die instantly. Don't know how people can enjoy just clicking one button to kill someone.

Soldato
MOH:AA is in my opinion, one of the best WW2 FPS games ever made. I rate it higher than CoD because it was there first. And seeing the trailers of the beach landing which looked like something straight from Saving Private Ryan, were phenomenal to see in its day.

I used to browse the old Medal of honour forum that was there when the game was in the making, and remember that the game designers were originally going to include blood but they in the end opted not to have it in the game. Most of us were expecting it to have the same sort of gore as Saving Private Ryan, and it could easily have been - the hit boxes on the models were pretty damn good!

I still have my disc somewhere, but last time I tried to get it to work on Windows 7, it kept crashing.

Soldato
Hint - If you want game settings to save then delete all configs, start the game, change all settings in the menu, then start a new game and save it.
Come out the game and add this to the 'unnamed soldier' config at the bottom. Re-run the game

For some stupid reason it doesn't same settings if you dont start and save a new game

seta r_customwidth "2560"
seta r_customheight "1440" //set these variables to whatever you want the resolution to be
seta r_mode "-1"

Associate
Spearhead was the first game I really got into as an online game, remember playing in a lot of the leagues back in the day and being rather competitive about it. Tried playing it about a year ago but all I found was servers with horrible realism/mods. MPSH3 + Obj maps were the thing for me, V2, Bridge & Hunt with some of custom maps like lol V2 good times! :D

Associate
Back to the OP original question as i think MoH:AA has been answered already.

Yes they can but fun and it makes you realise just how much everything seems standardised now that they can feel wierd from the contorls to the recoil.

Sounds silly but just feels weird not having grenades as its own button but having to fire it like a weapon or even having more than 2 weapons at a time.

Back
Top Bottom