Macmini. Should i wait?

Associate
Hey guys,

considering getting a mac mini with HE discount and the financing option. Do you guys think i should get one now or wait for the new generation which might contain the Haswell chip (possibly a better graphics unit too).

The system will be used for media related work (video editing).

Soldato
HD 4000 is alright, not the best but by no regards a bad chip! Mini wont get an update till Autumn anyway so if you an live that long with a wait then yeah wait but if you need it now the current chip is still very powerful.

Soldato
We use our late 2012 i5 mac mini as a media machine connected to the HDTV in the living room. For that it works very well and plays 1080p content fine. Not sure how good it would be for any serious video editing. Given the previous upgrade path waiting may not get you that much more but you never know.

Associate
I know this isn't really relevant, but didn't wanna make a thread. Can anyone access the HE store?, it just gives me this error,

Sorry...
Unable to enter the requested store.

either if I'm at home, or at University, it won't let me access the HE store.

Soldato
For memory it doesn't really matter too much, just go for the right specification from a well known brand (eg. Crucial, Samsung, Corsair) and you shouldn't have any problems. Whatever's cheapest really.

Back
Top Bottom