Forza Horizon?

Soldato
I did it second time with the Radical again. Had to do some tactical blocking on the faster bits otherwise he just sailed past, but I was untouchable on the twisties.
I was completely the reverse. I loved the straights as I could open up a massive lead. Which disappeared almost instantly when I went into the twisties. :(

Soldato
Thinking of creating a new club, If I do someone will have to accept club invites for ocuk as currently i'm the only active person who can...

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Haven't played this in a while, must get back into some online racing, I've done all there is in the SP.

Soldato
Left the car club, anyone who is active and wants to play just add me as a friend. always up for games and on Horizion quite a bit.

GT: Rufus010

Associate
Hi guys, I've been contemplating purchasing Horizon for a while now. I was waiting for the inevitable price drop of the Collector's Edition but it hasn't budged for months. Forza 4 allows you to purchase the Collector's Edition cars using MS points but is this also possible with Horizon? Oh and another thing is multiplayer/online active or dead?

The problem with Forza 4 is that the majority of the players are American and if I hope to play any decent multiplayer games I've always got to sit up so damn late. Does Horizon have this issue too? I noticed GT5 has a huge number of players online at time zones similar to mine but I just couldn't get into it, despite loving GT on PS1 and PS2.

Associate
Hi guys, I've been contemplating purchasing Horizon for a while now. I was waiting for the inevitable price drop of the Collector's Edition but it hasn't budged for months. Forza 4 allows you to purchase the Collector's Edition cars using MS points but is this also possible with Horizon? Oh and another thing is multiplayer/online active or dead?

The problem with Forza 4 is that the majority of the players are American and if I hope to play any decent multiplayer games I've always got to sit up so damn late. Does Horizon have this issue too? I noticed GT5 has a huge number of players online at time zones similar to mine but I just couldn't get into it, despite loving GT on PS1 and PS2.

You can get the collectors edition / VIP cars for Horizon like this too - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/P...ars-Pack/1f84bcc0-5541-4fb8-bfd3-c50f4d1a662e

I can't speak for anyone here, but there's plenty of people playing the game still :)

Man of Honour
Just beaten this, thoughts below:

+Decent graphics especially the sunset/rises
+Physics generally feel OK aside from the odd minor piece of vegetation made of solid granite that takes you from 200-0 instantaneously (like 90% of racing games)
+Good variety of vehicles and I like how the races have a range of restrictions, forcing you to experience a range of motors
+Upgrade mechanic works quite well meaning cars are viable over a range of events
+Great soundtrack and festival vibe
+Driving is generally good fun especially showcase events
+Race length is about right for me (everything under 10mins I think), I quite like these short events compared to GT5 which even putting Endurance to one side has some pretty mammoth ones

-Performance isn't great, it is noticeably jerky compared to PC racers
-Stats are a bit misleading e.g. you can have too vehicles with a 10 in a given stat that perform differently
-Characters have no... character and the trash-talk gets very dull very quickly
-Interface is frustrating at times e.g. when trying to find a certain car from your garage to suit a given event you can only sort by criteria rather than applying filters
-Started to feel a little repetitive towards the end, I don't really have much desire to go back and cleanup the remaining events I haven't won

Overall I enjoyed the game and feel it was worth the £15, feels kinda like TDU.

Man of Honour
No timelimit I could see despite the voiceover saying there is a 'race to find it' or some nonsense. I played at least a couple of hours before even going to the first one.

I only collected 6 or 7 of the 9 cars in the end, I think it is because my popularity rank is too low for them to appear (120th or something like that).

Soldato
No timelimit I could see despite the voiceover saying there is a 'race to find it' or some nonsense. I played at least a couple of hours before even going to the first one.

I only collected 6 or 7 of the 9 cars in the end, I think it is because my popularity rank is too low for them to appear (120th or something like that).

You need to play the game for an amount of time, #7 comes pretty late and then #8 and #9 are even later than that.

Just cruise around, I had all mine before i done every race event.

don't fast travel to any of the events, just drive to them to increase your roaming time and the announcment should pop up.

The cars aren't all that good tbh, so not missing anything unless of course you just want them for the collection.

New top gear pack is a bit crappy, apart from the Bowler EXR S they are all rubbish for actual racing/events.

Last edited:
Associate
I really couldn't get into this, was hoping for something more like test drive unlimited, and it really wasn't. Will probably pick it up again at some point and give it another go, but there really wasn't much to pull me in at the start of the single player game.

Back
Top Bottom