***The Official HTC One Thread***

Soldato
Just ordered one, first android, first HTC, nervous and excited, hope i've made the right choice. I'm coming from Apple who i'm tired of, hoping the shackles are off and i can explore and use my bit of kit however i want.

Soldato
Cheers, i hope so. I've always fancied a move to Android, think the timing is right, well at least for me, seems a settled and used platform now which is only going to build.

Anyone got any advice on a cover? Need something to protect my new baby.

Caporegime
Not a bad deal

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/htc...50mb-data-50-handset-50-off-with-code-1530150

24months @ £22p/m on O2
600mins
Unlimited texts
750mb data

£50 handset
Free next day delivery

£578 total cost.

All you need to do is refine your search on the left-hand side of the page by selecting O2, then choosing 500-1000mins, and 500-1GB data.

Then scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see the deal.

Add to basket and enter code FBFREEHTC to get £50 off the handset price (Usually £100).

Plus a possible £27 cashback available through Quidco.

NOTE - They will add 'VIP Gadget Helpline' to your contract which is free for the first month and £3.99p/m there after. But you can cancel it at any time once you receive the phone and won't be charged a penny. So make sure you do this.

edit:

another deal

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/htc...-months-contract-term-1518462?page=6#comments

Dialaphone is offering the HTC ONE Silver on a 18 months contract, 400 minutes, unlimited text and 750mb of data at £36.00 pm, 4 months free by redemption (£144.00). The total for the 18 months is £504

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked mine up from o2 yesterday, mentioned to the girl about the build issues, she dismissed them but said come back in if there are any issue, mine has a small gap on the bottom right and the white mains plug area seems to sit proud of the aluminium base, will go back today and get it exchanged, for a £500 handset I want it perfect!

Will add pic later for info, this won't stop me wanting this handset, the speaker and screen are amazing..........!!

I've had 2 handsets so far with similar build issues. I just contacted HTC directly and had them collect it for repair. They're aware of the issues so a better chance of getting back a perfect handset. Chances are whatever replacement you get from 02 will probably have the same problems.

Soldato
i hope it will... if im going to get one it has to be the black one :) thought my white s2 looked good and it does.. but no case looks good on it and it just annoys me no end.

i would get a ZL without thinking tbh, the problem is tiny DEV community.. wish it was anywhere near what the Z is but it isn't.. so its putting me off a bit :)

n4 is still on my list, and it does sound like the reasonable buy because my current contract expires on december and then i will be able to upgrade to what ever i want.. the problem is that 16gb will not be enough for me, 32gb will be fine though.. i hope google announces a 32gb n4! :eek:

The black HO is a lovely looking phone and you will stand out amongst the sea of Silver HO owners once you pick it up :D

It's a shame about the small dev community when it comes to the XL but no doubt the community will grow once the availability of the handset increases world wide. I'm not too sure if even if you can buy it here in the UK, no doubt though once it becomes readily available people will pick it over the Z, well I would and that's for sure.

I thought 16Gb would be a problem for me, it was definitely an issue when I had the HOS but that only had around 10Gb. Thankfully with Google Music all my music is online and I'm able to stream the stuff I want to listen to. I've still got locally stored music on the N4 itself and a few movies / episodes and I still have around 4-5Gb free which isn't bad at all. I don't think Google will ever come out with a 32Gb N4, especially with the X phone around the corner and the Nexus 5 scheduled for release around December.

I've had 2 handsets so far with similar build issues. I just contacted HTC directly and had them collect it for repair. They're aware of the issues so a better chance of getting back a perfect handset. Chances are whatever replacement you get from 02 will probably have the same problems.

What build issues did you have Mate? It would be interesting to hear what HTC had to say about the problem. Hopefully they'll do a good job of repairing the problem, will be useful to get an update from you in respect of the repair.

I've had two phones one with a minimal gap at the top but the screen wasn't flush at the top and there was slight chipping along the bottom speaker.

The second phone had quite a big gap at the top compared to the first phone, the screen wasn't flush at the top again, but phones however suffered from the back button being unresponsive.

I like the phone so much though that I'm willing to give it another go, let's see what the new batches are like when retailers get them in next week.

Caporegime
haha! Just checked gsmarena and see that they have bumped the GS 4 review back to the top and updated some stuff since they got a "final unit", what about the HTC one and all the other phones???? :rolleyes:

Update, April 18: We got a final retail Galaxy S4 unit and redid tests and benchmarks, made new screenshots and checked if the description of all the features is accurate.

I also love how they haven't got an article up about Samsung paying people outside the company to trash the htc one online yet pretty much every other website, even ones that don't really have anything to do with android/mobile/tech got their articles up like 1-3 days ago........

Just goes to further prove that they are bias towards Samsung devices or/and are paid by them.

Such a shame.

Soldato
And Gsmarena sinks further down in my estimation. It should be called Gsmarena as sponsored by Samsung.

Incredible that they should plug any Samsung phone so badly. You're right what about the other phones?

At least from what I can gather from the people I know they're certainly not impressed by the S4 and have opted to go for the HO and that's good enough for me. If everyone else can adopt the same mindset then great.

I've noticed on Rainforest as soon as stock comes in it's almost immediately sold out and that's saying something about the demand for the HO.

Caporegime
Wonder how much lower they can go..... They get more bias with each new galaxy device. It really is extremely obvious now, they should just put that as their slogan "sponsored by Samsung" :p

Would love to see how many articles etc. they have on Samsung stuff in comparison to the other brands.

The exact same happened with the GS 3 sudden death issue, remember how long it took them to get an article up about that in comparison to the other sites......

Only reason I check their site now, is for the blog posts, don't bother with their reviews/comparisons etc.

Phonearena are too bias as well (not quite as bad as gsmarena) but the problem is they seem to change their mind constantly as to which device, camera or whatever is better. And then they post an article on pretty much every single rumour even if there is no chance of it happening at all....

Android central is far better site overall these days.

Yup, many people aren't that impressed with the GS 4 due to the same design mainly and just not having anything "exciting/unique" about it.

I couldn't really care less as to which device is better (as I said in another thread, both are excellent and each have their own strengths and weaknesses, the only main two areas that let the GS 4 down big time for me are software and design) but I am tired of these bias sites/reviewers now.

I've noticed on Rainforest as soon as stock comes in it's almost immediately sold out and that's saying something about the demand for the HO.

Possibly or.......they just have a very low amount of stock each time! :p

Soldato

Have you got the link to contact HTC direct please?

I went into the store yesterday and they exchanged it straight away when I pointed out the live demo didn't have the issues mine had, exchanged there and then and the handset I have now is perfect :D

Any good slip cases about...

Soldato
The black HO is a lovely looking phone and you will stand out amongst the sea of Silver HO owners once you pick it up :D

It's a shame about the small dev community when it comes to the XL but no doubt the community will grow once the availability of the handset increases world wide. I'm not too sure if even if you can buy it here in the UK, no doubt though once it becomes readily available people will pick it over the Z, well I would and that's for sure.

I thought 16Gb would be a problem for me, it was definitely an issue when I had the HOS but that only had around 10Gb. Thankfully with Google Music all my music is online and I'm able to stream the stuff I want to listen to. I've still got locally stored music on the N4 itself and a few movies / episodes and I still have around 4-5Gb free which isn't bad at all. I don't think Google will ever come out with a 32Gb N4, especially with the X phone around the corner and the Nexus 5 scheduled for release around December.

the one thing that annoys me a little about HO is the fact that its quite big for a 4.7" device.. looking at XZ, s4 with 5" screens HO is just as big yet has a 0.3" smaller screen, of course the space is used to accommodate the speakers but still its not a tiny thing is it :o

haha! Just checked gsmarena and see that they have bumped the GS 4 review back to the top and updated some stuff since they got a "final unit", what about the HTC one and all the other phones???? :rolleyes:

I also love how they haven't got an article up about Samsung paying people outside the company to trash the htc one online yet pretty much every other website, even ones that don't really have anything to do with android/mobile/tech got their articles up like 1-3 days ago........

Just goes to further prove that they are bias towards Samsung devices or/and are paid by them.

Such a shame.

well maybe they are waiting for the final unit? :)

and whats with the hate towards samsung? i understand if there was a reason but i've noticed a lot of random fan-boyish hate towards other make :) its a bit childish in my opinion.. its not like you're forced to buy one over the other lol

Back
Top Bottom