**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Associate
When can we expect proper,NEW bios for this mobo?
Seems ages since last bios was released..I like mobo,very much,but if thats the way GB "likes" they customers,they going Asus way im affraid :(

Soldato
Do you mean new BIOS as in official on the Gigabyte website, or newer than F15r BETA bios?

I believe he means a non-Beta bios. F14 was 23/08, over 8 months ago now. The term beta usually means the final stage of testing prior to a safe full release to customers of the currently available features - it doesn't mean add more and more to the next beta :). Beta testing can of course go through cycles to iron out defects (usually not to add new stuff) but 8 months now! And the beta's have some features useful if running Windows 8, I would have thought they could have got an F15 ready to coincide with Windows 8, then move other improvements to F16 beta. Instead we have Windows 8 improvements still stuck inthe Beta stage.

The term Beta usually implies some bugs will exist hence it is not production ready, or ready for those who need 100% stability and low risk of issues.

I don't believe that for the features/improvements originally planned for F15 that they have not got them ready for full release yet, after 8 months?

I personally don't mind using the Beta's that appear on the Gigabyte website but won't use others downloaded elsewhere.

F15o has Improved LAN compatibility that I'm sure would benefit some so should have made it into a final release by now (this beta was 20/12/2013 - over four months ago)
F15q has enhanced memory compatibility that will also benefit some but again this has not made it into a final release yet and is dated 7/1/2013 - four months ago.

I suspect this board is not being given much love at Gigabyte and/or they have no BIOS release plan and poor versioning :). A problem is found, they shove in a fix and release it as Beta only as they have no confidence that what is currently available is a stable release for customers.

Last edited:

Rab

Rab

Associate
after solving problem with pc rebooting, (RMA 2nd Corsair psu).
i have a new problem now, hoping i'm just missing something.
removed and sold my dx sound card, thought would live with the creative sound on the mobo.
when i go to install drivers for it, getting msg
"setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system"
Audio is enabled in bios.
can install the realtek drivers, but the sound bad tbh.
Unistall all drivers, try above same msg.
fresh install of win 7, nothing else, same msg
any 1 have any idea's, have googled this, but cant find anything at all

Rab

Rab

Associate
i have enable onboard sound in bios.

in device manager under sound the now i have
Amd High Definition Audio device
Realtetekk High Definition Audio device
DFx Audio Enhancer

have tryed with no realtek Or amd installed at all
i thought if was driver problem would have been solved by fresh install, then install drivers/software from cd & would work. that's the way i used before added dx few months back :(

Associate
If its any help, this is the driver I have installed. I read on some forum that the drivers installed by Windows 7 were better than the one on GB's web site so I have not installed them, audio sounds good:

audio.png

Rab

Rab

Associate
thanks for info guys, just tryed beta bios & f14 , same :(
barkeep, thats what drivers had as well, then upgraded to 6873, still same.

Soldato
the usb issue with this board, will it affect usb keyboards and mouses disconnecting or pausing mid type - wireless keyboard and mouse with new batteries.

it happens to mine plugged into any of the usb slots, case mounted or back ones on the motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom